VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Voiceguide Voicemail Hangs Up On Silence

Hello,

I have VoiceGuide 7 with a dialogic 4 line analog card.

I have a script that runs so that people can call in and leave a voicemail.

on {1} goto [Voicemail Box 001] return [Hangup]

Most of the Voicemails are received fine, but occassionally when a person calls in that has very low

audio on the line Voiceguide hangs up shortly after the person starts leaving the message. There is no

disconnect tone on the line (I checked using audacity).

I opened the VmLmRec module in the VmLm.vgs script and removed the following line...

on {silence} goto [VmLmHangup]

It still hangs up the call shortly after it begins recording. I have even tried bumping up the gain on the Dialogic card.

Any ideas? I have attached the logs from a call that is being hungup on.

0714_1040_vgEngine.txt

0714_ktTel.txt

A Record module will stop recording when silence is detected. If silence path is not defined in the Record module then VoiceGuide will just hang up. This is what is happening here:

104118.937 6 1 path {silence} not found

104118.937 6 1 HangupCall, source={silence} path not defined, WorkModeScript=Running_Normal, yLineStateAppPov=[Connected], lPlayId=0, lRecId=0

104118.937 6 1 state Hanging up... [{silence} path not defined]

You can adjust the minimum silence length time when using Dialogic cards (see: http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/source/html/modrecord.htm), but would not recommend that you change those values as the default settings work well for normal non-problem calls.

The real issue here is that some calls delivered to the system have very low audio signal and you should work with PBX manager or Telco to resolve this issue.

Thank you. I will pursue with the telco provider. I'm thinking that possible a few trunks are bad as it doesn't happen more than 25% of the time.