VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Porttouse.portnumber Not Found

Hi,

I have just moved from my local mysql db to a remote mysql db hosted by a provider (for better perfomence). VG connects properly to the remote mysql db.

The system has created all the needed tables. When using the Outbound call loader the entries are correcly add to CallQue table and to PortToUse tables.

Anyway I have an issue when trying to place outgoing calls, call do not start. When looking at the logs I see "

"ERROR v7.0.3404.19031 (2009-04-27 9:34:23.24) DoWorkFindCall stage1 : Unknown column 'PortTouse.PortNumber' in 'where clause'"

The problem is that the system in the SQL query asked for "PortTouse.PortNumber" and the table is named "PortToUse" with a upper case 'U' and this remote Mysql db seems to be case sencitive talking about that why calls are not placed.

Thank your for your help

Mh

0709_ktTel.zip

Sounds like this MySQL is running on an *NIX system. Ask the databse admin to ensure that the MySQL option "lower_case_table_names" is set to 1. This should fix the problem.

If MySQL is ran on Windows this is not an issue as the table names are not case sensitive on Windows.

We will fix the naming in the code for this query as well ensure the case matches in future releases (we will probably just make all table names lowercase).

NB. It is usually better to locate any external database server on same LAN as VoiceGuide. This limits the latency delays associated with communicating with remote systems. That is why we usually would not recommend placing the external dialer database server at an external provider.

Actually the reason why I'm moving to an external isp database is that i'm providing web access on my VG call server.

So lots of web connection are made using php pages and mysql db. And doing these connections on local server is not really clean (security, perfomence)

So having all table names in lower case would be the solution as the isp does not change the daba configuration easily

By the way do you think it a problem to use extenal dababase? does it affect significantly the performance of VG? what are he risks?

thank you

By the way do you think it a problem to use extenal dababase? does it affect significantly the performance of VG? what are he risks?

The only performance degrader is the latency associated with the queries. Guess you would not really see any performance degradation on systems of about 30 lines or less, but on larger systems the latency adds up.

It looks like in this case the latency is not too big - about 100ms - so this setup should be fine, but if latencies were at around the half a second mark then for a 30 line system it would take 15 seconds to retrieve the 30 calls.

I'm sorry to bother you with this but I just need to fix my problem about the table names that should all be lowercase.

I would like to know if it is possible to have a patch that could fix that issue or do I have to wait the V7.10.

Thank you

A pre-release of v7.1 can be downloaded here: [old link removed]
You will need to uninstall your curernt version of VG and if using external OutDial DBs then you will need to drop tables in those DBs and let VG re-create them as the table structure is different.

Hi

Using that new version, VG creates only the first table "callque" and stoppes, no other tables are created.

BTW I saw an error messaGe that shows :

223022.156 5 ERROR v7.0.3490.23069 (2009-07-22 11:48:59.76) Db_CreateTables_ExecuteNonQuery : Table 'sams.CallQue' doesn't exist

CallQue with capital letters.

Tkx

MH

0722_2230_vgEngine.txt

Looks like table names were not made lowercase everywhere. Please try with: [old link removed]

Hi I have seen that there is a new field "scheduler" how does it have to be used ?

tkx

Mh

Just leave it set at 0 for normal outbound call scheduling. The autodialer calls will then be made as before.

A scheduler is an advanced addon that allows other rules to be used to determine whether the call can be made - not just "activation time + day time + line availability" rule that is used by autodialer.

If an ID other then 0 is specified then a different scheduling function is used to determine whether the call is made or not. This is usually only used in call center setups to implement advanced predictive dialers.

This field is also used to pause campaigns (eg: set it to to 1000 and the call will no longer be made by the autodialer until that field is set back to 0).