VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Insert Data Into Excel

robynnc asked:

I am playing a script and want people to press a number on their telephone keypad to enter their agreement with a given statement. How do I get their entries that they press on their telephone to be recorded in an Excel file?? is there a certain command for that and if so how do I command it? what do I type in and where?

sorry, I am a student with no funding trying to figure this out on my own.

Thank you

------------------

if it goes with the DDE within the script, where do i place DDE within the script for it to record all key presses by the caller throughout the script? (beginning end both)?

Poke data or execute command? Don't really get the clear difference between the two and which one I need?

That helped in that reading that information gave me more insight as to what voiceguide can do, but it has not helped me to actually get data from the caller to go into an Excel sheet. I googled, I checked it all out, I am just not understanding exactly where do I type these commands? What commands do I type?

Is VBScript better or RunProgram better? Do I type commands into whichever one of those I use? If so, what do I type if I want it to get the numbers people key in response to a statement into an Excel sheet?

Please help.

Thank you.

I see where the excel sheet is set up. There are # signs that indicate the date and time when clicked on and words such as "Loop Current Hook-Off". What does that mean? It has recorded what was keyed in on previouse dates such as yesterday when I tested the system, but isn't making new recordings such as for today's date. What does that mean?

Thank you.

I am just not understanding exactly where do I type these commands?

The VBScripts need to be used in a RunVBScript module. Please see: http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/source/html/modvbs.htm

What commands do I type?

Sounds like you should learn about VBScript or ask someone for assistance. Some good books on VBScript are mentioned here: http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/source/html/modvbs.htm The link provided in previous post points to a page which has specific VBScript examples for inserting data into Excel. This subject is also really beyond the scope of this support forum.

To debug your VBScripts in v6 you can also use Message Boxes (MsgBox command).

I thought you were who I asked for assistance.?. Why would I need to debug? does that reset?

Also, I am having to activate the line and board everyday so that when people call in, the automated files pick up the phone. I should not have to activate everyday, correct? So, what is going in? how can I set it so that once I activate it stays on so that no matter what time or day someone calls in, the phone system always picks up? Does the computer it is hooked up to need to stay on in order for it to pick up when people call in?

Thank you!

I called in, it picked up went through the system fine. Then, twenty minutes later, I called again, and it just rang. What can I do so that it picks up everytime? Thank you

Is the system registered?

or is it functioning in evaluation mode?

In evaluation mode system needs to be restarted every hour.

Could you please post a copy of VoiceGuide's Debug Printout which captures the call that does not get answered, this will allow us to see what happened.

Enable logging by setting the log levels to 10 in VG.INI as per below:

[Log]

VoiceGuide=10

NumberLoader=0

VoicemailManager=0

EmailSender=0

TapiWrapOcx=0

SapiWrapOcx=0

Debug Trace files will be created in VG's \log\ subdirectory.

Please post the traces once you have this call answer issue again. Indicate the time at which the call that was not answered arrived.

When posting traces/scripts please .ZIP them up and post them as attachments.

The last call that did not answer was on 7/13/09 at 13:53 pm. Okay, I do not know how to send you the debug files. Do I go into the voiceguide folder and then look for what?? Please help.