VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Sound Files

Okay, voiceguide v6; sound files are wav files at 8khz. Right?

How do check to make sure my wav files are the exact ones needed? They play perfectly when I replay the recording. But, when I call the line, I just hear weird noise, like a record being played but with very low low music. No words can be heard, just a weird noise. What do I do?

I recorded what I wanted the script to say by hooking up a logitech microphone to the computer via its usb cable. Could it be something with that?

OR-can I program the already programmed scripts that came with voiceguide to say what I want them to say? If so, How would I do that? Change the text to speech in the already programmed files??

Please help with step by step instructions for a rookie. Thank you!

Gooday

You can just view the sound file properties in the Windows' Sound Recorder or by right clicking on the .wav file and selection properties and then going to the Summary tab.

What do you see when you view the file properties? Can you post a screenshot?

Any reason why you are using v6 instead of v7? v7 can play a larger range of sound file formats.

can I program the already programmed scripts that came with voiceguide to say what I want them to say

Yes, you can edit any of the scripts. I think that is what you are doing right now when you changed the sound file that is played.

If so, How would I do that? Change the text to speech in the already programmed files??

You just specify the new sound file - as you are doing right now. (you just need to make sure your sound files are in the right format).