VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Few Newbie Queries

If i were to create an ivr system where people would call on a particular phone number, listen and select from a menu played by VoiceGuide, which would then extract details from a database based on the caller's number and play some message accordingly.

Considering i am new to this domain, i am interested in finding the following,

1. How can multiple users call on a Single phone number to access the IVR Simultaneously? Would it mean i need to buy multiple lines with same phone number to support simultaneous calls from different users? If not, how do we do it?

2. How many lines can be connected to a single computer with VG in it? Also, is there any limitation of lines in VG on single computer on software level?

3. what hardware would i require to accomplish such an IVR system which would support , lets say, 100 simultaneous incoming calls?

4. Also, which version of VoiceGuide would you recommend for this system?

Thanks

ivr system where people would call on a particular phone number, listen and select from a menu played by VoiceGuide, which would then extract details from a database based on the caller's number and play some message accordingly.

Sounds very straightforward. This is a very simple script. Note that VoiceGuide can also retrieve the sound files themselves from a BLOB entry in the database, should you require that feature.

1. How can multiple users call on a Single phone number to access the IVR Simultaneously? Would it mean i need to buy multiple lines with same phone number to support simultaneous calls from different users? If not, how do we do it?

This is correct: "need to buy multiple lines with same phone number to support simultaneous calls from different users"

Tell your company that is what you need. They'll know what you mean.

2. How many lines can be connected to a single computer with VG in it? Also, is there any limitation of lines in VG on single computer on software level?

We limit it to 300 for applications that run VoiceGuide scripts on each line, but for applications that do mostly switching the number is in the thousands.

what hardware would i require to accomplish such an IVR system which would support , lets say, 100 simultaneous incoming calls?

You would need to use T1 ISDN or E1 ISDN lines for this. Each T1 ISDN line can carry 23 simultaneous calls, and an E1 ISDN line can carry 30 simultaneous calls. Ask your phone company to see which ones they provide. In US only T1 lines are provided.

Hardware wise you will need a Dialogic DMV1200B card, and a higher end current model PC or Server. A Xeon based server with 2GB RAM would be fine.

The Dialogic DMV1200B card can accept four T1 lines (92 simultaneous calls) or four E1 lines (120 simultaneous calls).

Also, which version of VoiceGuide would you recommend for this system?

Version 7.