VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Dialer Number Entry

I would like callers to be able to: call in, record a verbal message and then be able to enter phone numbers, via the 10 key pad and then have Voiceguide call those phone numbers with the recorded message.

From reading about Voiceguide it looks like i would use: the Record Module, then the Get Number Module. Here's where it gets complicated. How do I get, say 15 phone numbers, from the Get Number Module(s) into the format needed by the "OutDial_New.txt" file that the Dialer uses.

Might this be a good idea for a new type of module, a "Get Out-Bound Phone Numbers Module". It would then put all the numbers in the right format and put that info / file in the right directory for use by the Dialer. There could be optional prompts for how many retries, if confirmation is needed by those receiving the calls, if long-distance numbers are allowed, etc.

MANY THX

Instead of using "OutDial_New.txt" the script can just use the "Send Phone Message" module...

The script can take the caller through a loop of a "Get Number Module" followed by a "Send Phone Mesasge" module as many times as the caller requires...

How would this type of script be effected by there being multiple phone lines on the system. In the script I described above there would be a sound file that was created and named by the Record Module and then delivered to several phone numbers. If two or more people called into the system at the same time and wanted to record a message and have it delivered, there would then be two or more sound files. Does the multi line versions of VoiceGuide handle this automatically or would i have to make separate scripts for each phone line. Those separate scripts would make separate sound files with different paths (folders) and or file names?

Many THX

In multiline systems the two sound files would have to be named differently - so the recording from the second line does not overwrite the first.

If you leave the name of the sound file blank then each filename generated is guaranteed to be unique.

From the VoiceGuide Help file:

In the ‘Record file details’ text box you may:

· Specify the full filename of the destination file

Recording will be copied to the specified destination. If a file with this name exists already then it will be overwritten.

· Specify just the directory in which the recordings are to be placed

A filename will be generated and the recording will be placed in the specified directory. The directory name must finish with a “\”

· Leave the entry blank

A filename will be generated and the recording will be placed in the script’s directory

If the destination filename is not specified the following file name will be generated by VoiceGuide:

MMDDHHNNSS_LineId_CallerID.wav

where:

MM

2 digit month

DD

2 digit day

HH

2 digit hour

NN

2 digit minute

SS

2 digit second

LineId

on which line the call arrived

CallerID

Caller ID of the caller who left the message

$RV[ModuleTitle] will store the filename of the recorded sound file.