VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Want To Buy Vg

Hello

I have been researching VG and i'm very happy with the trial. However I'm very curious about the following scenario.

Mind you i tried VG on a voice modem using digital line.

The scenario is as follows

Our company is looking to create a combned IVR and call Centre with ACD.

We have currently a E1 line connected to a Siemens PBX which has CTI

We have 13 telephones.

My questions are:

1. Will VG work behind a Siemens PBX

2. What telephone sets will the operators need because they dont have PC's

3. What Dialogic Card Will i need and how does it connect to PBX

4. What if we don't want to use a PBX?

5. How does ACD work on the current setup, does it hold the incoming calls and play a music or does it just drop the line, can the caller which is currently on the line be transferred to a IVR or anything else for that matter.

6. How many phone numbers will we need to implement both IVR and ACD

7. Is it possible to have first IVR answer then if for example user chooses 5 he is transferred to ACD

thanx in advance

1. Will VG work behind a Siemens PBX

Yes.

Dialogic card ISDN connection (E1 or T1) to any PBX less then about 10 years old is a non-issue. They all work. And ISDN connections also work with pretty much all mainstream PBXs that are older then 10 years as well.

Analog connectivity was never an issue no matter how old the PBX is.

We have many customers working connecting with ISDN to HiPath and HiCom systems. We also even have a Siemens PBX as one of our test PBXs in our own lab.

2. What telephone sets will the operators need because they dont have PC's

As agents do not have PCs then they need to dial into the VoiceGuide's ACD system and use DTMF keys on their telephone keypad to log in and signal the system when they are ready to receive another call. If they had PCs than this "Ready" status selection can be set on the vgAgent popup app.

Either analog or digital is fine. Type of handset used by agent does not affect system functionality. Agents can even dial into the ACD system from external phones. It does not matter as long as agent is dialed into the VoiceGuide system (or have the vgAgent popup app on their PC - in which case VoiceGuide can dial agent).

3. What Dialogic Card Will i need and how does it connect to PBX

If you want a to support 10+ agents then it makes most sense to use an ISDN connection. An E1 Dialogic card is a D/300JCT.

4. What if we don't want to use a PBX?

You can plug the E1 from Telco direct into the Dialogic E1 card that is controlled by VoiceGuide. Agents would then need to dial into the system form external phones (or if they have PC then VoiceGuide can call agent).

5. How does ACD work on the current setup, does it hold the incoming calls and play a music or does it just drop the line, can the caller which is currently on the line be transferred to a IVR or anything else for that matter.

VoiceGuide has IVR and ACD functionality built-in (as well as Voicemail etc) so transferring between the two is possible,. Caller can be transferred back to IVR from the ACD at end of call or upon a DTMF keypress from agent.

6. How many phone numbers will we need to implement both IVR and ACD

Only one phone number is needed. You will need two phone lines/channels per caller<->Agent conversation. One for the caller leg of the call and one for the Agent leg of the call. Plus lines for however many callers you want to allow to wait in queue while all the agents are busy talking to callers.

Eg. for 10 active caller<->agent conversations + 10 callers waiting in ACD queue you would need a total of 30 channels.

7. Is it possible to have first IVR answer then if for example user chooses 5 he is transferred to ACD

Yes. Caller can be transferred to an ACD queue by the VoiceGuide IVR script at any stage.. This is a call queue within VoiceGuide. The call stays connected to the Dialogic port controlled by VoiceGuide and VoiceGuide plays music etc to caller while waiting for agent to become available. When Agent becomes available then VoiceGuide connects the call to the Agent and the can also start recording the call etc. At end of ACD call you can even optionally take caller through another IVR script (eg if you want caller to answer a survey about the agent).

Please let us know if you require more information on any of the above.