VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Detecting 'no Current Calls' Or 'maxed-out' Calls

Hi, I wonder if its possible to detect when the system is 'idle' ie: no calls in progress? Perhaps on the last call? ...And run a script?

The 'onHangup' script would have to set a flag which could be read by the 'onAnswer' script, so that no new calls can be handled until the flag is cleared. I can write VBS code to handle the setting and testing of the flag, but I can't see a way of detecting 'last call' or 'all lines available'.

On a similar note, although the above is my priority, I would be interested in also detecting al lines busy without referring to the logs.

I am usng the TAPI v5.2.5063 release - but not dialogic drivers (comisdn).

Is there a 'COM' method or RV that might give me calls-in-progress count?

If not, could it be added?

Many thanks.

Checking line state through COM or WCF is possible in v7, but not in v5.

This feature would not be added to v5.

Okay. Howabout I count calls in via onAnswer scripts and count calls out using onHangup, I may be able to create my own call counter. Can you see any major reason why that couldn't work?

Do you know if anybody tried that before and failed or have a solution available?

The counter approach you outline sounds OK in principle, but it may not handle Busy/etc calls. Not aware of anybody else determining number of used lines that way. Users with such requirements would usually be using v7.