VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Blind Call Transfer Disconnect Won't Hangup

I am able to use !,,5551212 to blind transfer a call, but the call will not hangup and complete the transfer unless I manually hangup in the VG status monitor.

My script calls a Hangup box after a 0 timeout. I tired adding a "please wait while your call is transfered" box and then hanging up after that, but I still just hear the call transfer music from the phone carrier.

I am using Windows XP Pro sp3 with 512MB of ram on an Intel P4 w/Intel mainboard system. VoiceGuide 7.0.9 in evaluation mode. DiaLogic D/4PCIUSW.

I had tried to use the Call Transfer module, but could not get it to work at all. I am using analog lines that are coming off hybrid voice over IP/data service from our carrier.

Thanks

Tim

cdt_issue.zip

Attached traces and script show that you are using a Play module to play the hookflash and the DTMF tones of the number to perform the transfer.

Have you tried using the Transfer Call module instead?

Please try using a Transfer Call module to do the transfer and just select "PBX Hookflash Transfer - Blind" as the transfer type. VoiceGuide will then do the hookflash and dial the number specified and then hangup.

If you want to keep using the Play module then please add this path to the Play module:

on {TDX_DIAL} goto [Hangup the Call 1]

where "Hangup the Call 1" is the title of your Hangup Call module. The TDX_DIAL path will be taken immediately after the number completes dialing.

Note that on some PBXs the party making the hookflash trasnfer cannot hangup until the recipient of the trasnfer picks up their phone handset (call is dropped if party doing the trasnfer hangs up before the other party answers). So check if hangup immediately after dialing the destinaon number is allowed on your PBX (just test it and see if it works).

I had tried using the Call Transfer module, but it just hangs up. I have attached traces showing this.

Your TDX_DIAL recommendation worked after I added one comma after the number to be dialed. When doing blind transfers manually you can hang up before the party answers, but it must need a short delay. A two second pause with the comma is a little long, as the answering system has a few words cut off, but it works consistently.

I would prefer to use the Call Transfer Module. What's happening with that? I tried to do it with and without delays to match my Play module. Same result.

Thanks!

Tim

ctd_with_xfer_module.zip

Please update your system to the latest version of v7 available for download from our WWW and post traces from that version if you still encounter problems with using the Transfer Call module.

BTW. The length of delay that a comma inserts is settable using the DBBD_PAUSETM paramter in the Confing.xml file. Default is 1 second.