VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Recommended System With Max Number Of Lines

I'm interested in what a system with the max number of lines would be. For example, if I need to build a reverse 911 system and want to call 50,000 people an hour and assuming I can call 120 people per hour per line, what would I need.

I would need multiple systems? Each system would handle 300 lines? What kind of card and telephone service would be best?

And, can I get a discount on the VG licenses in that quantity?

The max lines supported per server really depends on the type of scripts that would be running. More lines can be installed on the system if a simple message playing script script is used, but fewer lines can be supported in total if the VoiceGuide script is going to do database interactions or run VBScripts from within it. The max number of lines installable per server is basically limited by how much processing the CPU can handle. For application like reverse 911, densities of 300 lines/server are achievable.

Assuming that you can call 120 people per line per hour you would need about 20 T1 ISDN trunks to be able to call 50,000 people an hour (50,000 / 120 / 23 = 18.1). Each T1 ISDN trunk has 23 lines. ie. can handle 23 simultaneous calls, so you can use two servers with 10 T1 trunks (ie. 230 lines) per server to deploy this.

To connect 10 T1 ISDN lines to a server it would probably be best to place three DMV1200BTEPEQ cards in each server. Each DMV1200BTEPEQ has 4 T1 ports. This gives you 12 T1s per server so you'd have a bit of spare capacity.

There are some recently released higher density card alternatives, but DMV1200BTEPEQs have been around longer and are much more widely used the field then the new higher density releases, so for emergency system like this I'd probably stick with proven cards.

DMV1200BTEPEQ is a PCIe card, so you would need a server that has 3 full length PCIe slots. For CPU a quad core Xeon should be sufficient for this type of application.

For VoiceGuide license pricing please contact sales@voiceguide.com

Please let us know if you have any questions or would like us to expand on any of the above.