VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Sound File Format

Hello,

I have announcement system. my client record their files and send it to my system. then my system should announce their sound file to the number my client input into my system.

The problem is, my client can't format their sound file to the .WAV PCM 8kHz, 8-bit, Mono, PCM. Can also use .VOX files: 8kHz, 4bit, ADPCM. and then send it to my system.(I am suing Versions 6.x)

Since the number of the sound file is a lot, I can not convert the sound file's format one at the time. I understand that I can use SOX Sound eXchange toolkit, but there is no instruction in VG to tell me how can I use SOX Sound eXchange toolkit with VG?

if you can help me to resolve this problem, you did a great help to me.

Thanks

You would need to refer to the other application's documentation to see how you can use that other application. There are a number of other sound file format conversion tools out there as well (Google "sound file format convert").

Hello,

I could find NCH software to convert the sound files via commend line. I also was able to use VG to run the commend line to convert the files.

but I believe there is smarter way to send commend line to Dos program.

the way I send commend line to dos program is as follow:

1. using VB Script with following code.

Dim convert

Convert = "-convert C:\Program Files\IVR\IVR_Announcement\UploadVoicefiles\test.mp3 -format.wav -overwrite Always"

Set vg = CreateObject("VoiceGuide.CommandLink")

vg.Run_ResultReturn $RV_LINEID, "[RefConvert]{"& Convert &"}"

2. Using Run Program to run:

C:\Program Files\NCH Swift Sound\Switch\switch.exe $RV[RefConvert]

This method works fine for me, but can you advice me if there is any other smart way to send command line to dos program via VG?

Thanks