VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Need Help In Perth! (will Pay!)

I have a great idea for a voiceguide script & access database system, but dont have the experience. I have been fiddling around trying to make my voiceguide queries access a database, but it hasn't worked yet (connect string or no connect string).

Is there anybody in Perth Western Australia who could spend a few hours going through this with me? Maybe any database programmers with a saturday or sunday off? I really need help, I've done enough research to no avail, so I need hands on advice.

email: jims@netspace.net.au

phone: 08 94197770

Email is preferred. I may be testing a script using my phone number! ;)

To use an Access Database you do not need a 'connect string' - just specify the filename and that's it.

Specifying queries is quite straightforward once you get the hang of it, have you had a look at the sample Customer Enquiry script which ships with VoiceGuide?

Can you describe what you want to do?

A pretty good book on SQL is:

"SQL Queries for Mere Mortals" by Michael J. Hernandez, John Viescas

ISBN 0201433362

I wish to check CID details on an access table early on in the script. Also I want to be able to connect to a inventory table, check availability, then if available, reduce the number by 1.

Are you saying that I dont need this connect string:ODBC;DRIVER={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)}; To make the connection work?

Do I need to have the access database open for voiceguide to access it? Do I have to set timeout parameters so that VG has enough time to obtain the selected information? Do I need an earlier version of access? I have office XP

I look forward to some guidance!

I wish to check CID details on an access table early on in the script. Also I want to be able to connect to a inventory table, check availability, then if available, reduce the number by 1.

That's all pretty straightforward...

Are you saying that I dont need this connect string:ODBC;DRIVER={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)}; To make the connection work?

No, you just specify the full filename of the MS Access database file (.mdb file)

Do I need to have the access database open for voiceguide to access it?

No.

Do I have to set timeout parameters so that VG has enough time to obtain the selected information?

You can, but such query will take less then a second...

Do I need an earlier version of access? I have office XP

That's fine...