VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Access Dbase Help

Hi, I have a number of small but head-scratching questions. Can anyone help me?

Q1) In Ms-Access design view, how can I set up a table field so that the auto-number records come out in this format: 000 001 002 >>>999. I need zeros, so that when someone punches in an order number, there will be some response to a number beginning with zero. Also my set of autonumbers must begin with 0, not 1.

Q2) Using Access database XP: How can I use an update query to calculate and change something with in a record?

Q3) What simple program or combination of programs would I require to replicate records from a single table to some other database connected to the internet in another location? (I think this is called transactional replication) All I have been able to come up with so far, is a really expensive, and complicated solution involving MS SQL server enterprise, and a Win2000 Server operating system.

Any help on these questions would save me a lot of time searching for the answer. These questions (especially the last one) seem to be holding me back greatly!

Congratulations Katalina! VoiceGuide is a great program!

Q1) In Ms-Access design view, how can I set up a table field so that the auto-number records come out in this format: 000 001 002 >>>999. I need zeros, so that when someone punches in an order number, there will be some response to a number beginning with zero. Also my set of autonumbers must begin with 0, not 1.
Not too sure how you can do it in Access - but you could after retrieving the number use a bit of VB Script code to pad the number out with leading zeros and then return the result back to VoiceGuide - you should use the Format function for this : Format(5,"0000") will return "0005"

Q2) Using Access database XP: How can I use an update query to calculate and change something with in a record?
Best to ask in Access related newsgroups or have a read through the namuals for this one...

Q3) What simple program or combination of programs would I require to replicate records from a single table to some other database connected to the internet in another location?
To do this right you will probably need to move to SQL Server or similar - again best to ask on newsgroups for this, try:

http://www.google.com.au/advanced_group_search?hl=en