VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Setting up the VoiceGuide in VOIP mode

Hi Support,

I'm just setting up the VoiceGuide / HMP (VOIP) config of the software to try and evaluate it.

I've been through the support and everything seems to be straight forward accept for one aspect.

I'm trying to register the system with my VOIP (Talkswitch) PBX but am having no success. In the past I've sorted these issue by monitoring logs that detail the registration errors.

Where can I find the log that details this information - I need to see what's going wrong with my VOIP registration details.

Please Help...

It's best to just use WireShark to monitor the SIP registration. (see www.wireshark.org)

If you can .ZIP up and post here the following:

- WireShark logs capturing the attempted registration from VoiceGuide,

- VoiceGuide's Config.xml file

- VoiceGuide's log files from VG's \log\ subdirectory

then we can assist with some advice what needs to be done to get the registration working.

Registration with TalkSwitch should not be a problem. We use TalkSwitch as one of test PBXs in our lab.

BTW. your post was split into a new thread as it did not really relate to the thread in which it was posted originally.

Hi VoiceGuide Support,

Thanks for getting back to me. I've been flat out so have not had time to deal with this.

I've attached the files you have requested. There is no subdirectoy on VG's \logs\ so I've just sent you everything from the logs file.

Any advice would be helpful...we just want to get to the point where we can evaluate the software.

Regards,

Tim Jones

vg_info_files.zip

in the Config.xml file you currently have:

<Domain>192.168.7.15</Domain>

try using:

<Domain>203.217.28.63</Domain>

This are the Realm that the Talkswitch is responding with (we can see this in the WireShark trace) so the HMP configuration must use those values to be able to correct respond to the "407 Proxy Authentication Required" message.

Can you tell us more about your network setup. What routers etc are between VoiceGuide and the Talkswitch? Also, which country are you in?

Hi There,

I'm in Australia.

I'm using a Belkin Router supplied by iiNet.

My network is very simple - small office network with 5 computers attached plus the talkswitch.

The domain (IP address) you are suggesting to use is our static IP out to the internet. The reason I used the 192.168.7.15 IP address is because that is the IP of the Talkswitch inside our network. Maybe I'm getting confused but there's nothing on that IP that could respond.

Looks like the TalkSwitch is configured to use a name of "203.217.28.63" setting for it's realm, so that is what VoiceGuide's authentication settings must use as the realm name to accept.

Its just a name of the realm that TalkSwitch chooses to use and that value is not used as an IP destination address by anybody.

Have you tried setting <Domain>203.217.28.63</Domain> in the Config.xml and then restarting VoiceGuide?

SIP407.zip

Ahhh just had a bit more of the think about it and that Talkswitch is using that IP to talk to iiNet, my voip service provider. My VOIP network uses iiNet as the VOIP server and the talkswitch on our network is the client. HMP should be talking to the talkswitch not iiNet.

Not sure if this will help but what I'm trying to do is set HMP/VG up as an extension on the talkswitch that we can shift calls to as they come in.

Cheers.

HMP should be talking to the talkswitch not iiNet.

Yes. VoiceGuide will be communicating with TalkSwitch on your network and not with the voip service provider.

Please set <Domain>203.217.28.63</Domain> in the Config.xml and then restart VoiceGuide.

"203.217.28.63" is not an IP address in this case. It's just a name that TalkSwitch chose to use for the 'realm name' setting, and looks like TalkSwitch chose to base that name on your external IP address.

Please try setting the Username field to a blank, like this:

<Username></Username>

if the above does not work then try:

<Domain>sip:203.217.28.63</Domain>

<Username></Username>

If you still have problems registering then please post the VoiceGuide traces as well, we can only really see what is happening in these cases when the WireShark traces are posted along with VoiceGuide's traces.

Have you tested if the IVR answers incoming calls by just dialing the IP address of the IVR system? If your phones do not let you dial direct IP then you can use a softphone like SJPhone (www.sjlabs.com) on any of your other PCs to do this.

Nice one. It seems to be registering. I tested the extenstion and got the test message from VoiceGuide.

Thanks for your help.

Did it work with:

<Username></Username>

or did you have to use:

<Domain>sip:203.217.28.63</Domain>

<Username></Username>

?

The first one. It seems just removing the username worked.

If you have any other tips for working with the talkswitch that would be great. Otherwise thanks for all your help.

Cheers.