VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Voiceguide Service Stopping On Xp

Hi,

My VoiceGuide service is stopping after few minutes of starting, if I restart, it will restart successfully but within few minutes (less than 3 minutes) it will stop.

I tested the Dialogic installation using the Demo programs with the Dialogic and they worked, I tried two under the Voice Demo (ansrmt and xaansr) and they both pick up calls.

I used Depend.exe on the ktTelcommon.dll and attached here is the screenshot of my result.

Please what should I do next?

Regards

Olatunde

ktTelcommon.doc

From traces supplied previously we can see that the VoiceGuide service never actually starts working in the first place on this system.

From the screenshots just provided it looks like the reason is that is happening is because some essential DLLs are missing on your system: MSVC80R.DLL, MSVC80M.DLL, etc.

These should have been installed at VocieGuide install time, and I'm not sure why they would not get installed.

Recommend that you try re-installing VoiceGuide and if you still get problems (you can see in vgEngine traces that the ktTelCommon does not load, see quoted log below) then install the package that installs these files separately. The package is:

Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable Package : http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displaylang=en

093135.629 5 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

093135.749 5 vgEngine version: 7.0.3327.30234 (RELEASE Build)

093135.749 5 created on: Mon 09/02/2009 16:47:48.03

093135.749 5 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

093135.759 5 LastWriteTime: 2009-02-09 06:49:36

093135.759 5 CurrentTime: 2009-03-23 09:31:35

093135.759 5 log level = 10

093135.759 5 used sParamsXml_file: C:\Program Files\VoiceGuide\config\configVg.xml

093135.759 5 used sParamsXml:

093135.759 5 used sIniFile: C:\Program Files\VoiceGuide\vg.ini

093135.759 5 used sAppPath: C:\Program Files\VoiceGuide\

093135.759 5 ktTel: loaded based on vg.ini selection.

093135.759 5 0 ExecutingAssembly : vgEngine, Version=7.0.3327.30234, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=d826ea7f1686ca63

093135.759 5 0 ReferencedAssemblies : 11

093135.759 5 0 load: tessnet2, Version=2.0.3.2, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=af82b657b11489c2

093138.403 5 ERROR v7.0.3327.30234 (Mon 09/02/2009 16:47:48.03) Assembly.Load tessnet2, Version=2.0.3.2, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=af82b657b11489c2 : Could not load file or assembly 'tessnet2, Version=2.0.3.2, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=af82b657b11489c2' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

at System.Reflection.Assembly.nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, Assembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection)

at System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoad(AssemblyName assemblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection)

at System.Reflection.Assembly.Load(AssemblyName assemblyRef)

at vgEngine.EngineControl.EngineStart(String sParamsXml_file, String sParamsXml, String sIniFile, String sAppPath)

093138.403 5 0 load: System.Runtime.Remoting, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089

093138.573 5 0 load: vgServicesInterfaces, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=4f342a61cca7f182

093138.573 5 0 load: Interop.ktBarcodeRecog, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=d826ea7f1686ca63

093138.633 5 0 load: ktTelCommon, Version=1.0.3231.34148, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=81bdcc44759ecdc5

093138.734 5 ERROR v7.0.3327.30234 (Mon 09/02/2009 16:47:48.03) Assembly.Load ktTelCommon, Version=1.0.3231.34148, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=81bdcc44759ecdc5 : Could not load file or assembly 'ktTelCommon, Version=1.0.3231.34148, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=81bdcc44759ecdc5' or one of its dependencies. This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800736B1)

System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x800736B1): This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800736B1)

at System.Reflection.Assembly.nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, Assembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection)

at System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoad(AssemblyName assemblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection)

at System.Reflection.Assembly.Load(AssemblyName assemblyRef)

Also the VoiceGuide version that is used on this system is not the latest version.

When reinstalling VoiceGuide please use the latest version from our WWW. Uninstall the previous version before installing the new one just to be sure. After uninstall just delete the entire VoiceGuide directory and then install the latest version.

Thank you for your response.

I reinstalled Voiceguide yesterday after I used depend.exe, but the problem still remain. I have downloaded the files from Microsoft site and will install immediately to see if this will correct the problem.

Regarding the version of VoiceGuide installed, I downloaded the version installed from your site last week. It was listed as Version 7.0.9 which is still the only one available on that page or do you have another copy apart from this.

Please let me know.

If installing the Microsoft redistributable does not help then please try downloading and installing this version: [old link removed]

Hi,

I have done everything as instructed, uninstall and re-installing VoiceGuide, Install the Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable Package, unstalled v7.0.9 and installing the VoiceGuide_7.0.9_090319, it is still behaving the same way, VoiceGuide not starting.

Using the depend.exe on ktTelcommon.dll, the two issues raised now is with MSVCR90.DLL and MSJAVA.DLL (no more MSVCM80.DLL and MSVCR80.DLL).

What is the next thing I can do? Do you think preparing another system may be a good idea? The same operating system with the same set of software.

Regards

Olatunde

Are you installing the VoiceGuide software while logged in as Administrator?

Which version of Windows is used on this system?

Please post the log files from VoiceGuide's \log\ subdirectory which are created when this latest version of VocieGuide is started on this system.

Hi,

Yes I am installing the VoiceGuide as an Administrator while logged in as Administrator on the system.

The Windows version is XP with Service Pack 2.

I attached here the log file of the newly installed version of VoiceGuide as a zip file.

Regards

Olatunde

log.zip

Please use the depends.exe app from http://www.dependencywalker.com/ and use it to view ktTelDialogicSR60.dll file in VoiceGuide's main directory. (ktTelDialogicSR60.dll, not ktTelcommon.dll)

Please post a screenshot showing which DLLs are reported as missing.

Is this a standard WinXP type setup?

What else is installed on this machine apart from WinXP + Dialogic Drivers + VocieGuide ?

Are you by any chance running any anti-virus type software on this system? (disable it and re-install VoiceGuide again if you are)

Please try updating system to WinXP SP3 and ensure that .NET 3.0 is also installed on this system.

If you continue to have problems please got the below:

Setup access to this machine using www.logmein.com and email the logmein username and password and the Administrator password to support@voiceguide.com and include a link to this thread in your email.

We'll have a look at this machine to see what could be causing the system to have the problems that you are seeing?

Yes, this machine is a standard WinXP install type and there is no other application running on it apart from Apache, PHP, MySQL, Dialogic 6.0, VoiceGuide and Microsoft Office 2003.

I was running McAffe AntiVirus on it before, but I un-installed it before installing VoiceGuide and Dialogic Drivers.

I will download the Service Pack 3 now and update ths system but this will take time, maybe the whole day because my Internet Link bandwidth is no big.

If as you as said, its still not working after that, then I will set up the Logmein account and get back to you.

Thank you.

Olatunde

Please ensure that you have .NET 3.5 installed on the system as well.

Latest versions of VoiceGuide v7 require .NET 3.5 as well, but right now the installer does not alert you if it is missing (we will fix this in next update).

Hi,

VoiceGuide is now starting after installing .NET3.5, it doesn't have anything to do with Service Pack.

I dialled in and got a voice prompt to enter my Client ID follow by the hash below the letter 9 on my key.

I will continue the testing from here on the Hospitality Application.

Thanks