VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Controlling Dialout And Callin Only For Specific Ports

Dear Support,

Is there any way that I can designate certain ports to Call-in Only or Dial-Out Only?

I know I can designate certain ports to call out by setting "AllowDialOut" in Config.xml, but not sure I can control call In/Out only ports that way.

This is to configure ports so that in certain cases certain numbers of ports will only be involved in dial-out processes.

Please let me know if it is possible.

thanks.

If you set the "AllowDialOut" setting in Config.xml to 0 then VoiceGuide will not make any outbound calls on that line.

And if you do not want VoiceGuide to answer any calls on certain lines just use a large value for the RingsBeforeAnswer setting in the Config.xml file. eg. 50 or 100. Then even if your PBX or Telco's Switch is not configured right and does send calls on those lines then they will be ignored by VoiceGuide.

It's the other PBX/Switch that needs to be told not to send calls on lines that you want to be 'outbound only' from your side.

Ports used for an outbound call can also be set on a per-call basis if you want certain calls to be made on certain lines only, but those per-call selections cannot overrule the Config.xml settings. If outbound calls are disabled on a certain port in Config.xml then no outbound calls will be made on that port.