VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Adding Module In Vg Script Designer - Duplicate Module

I had a serious issue today, where I was adding a "Play Sound File" module.

There is one already called [Play 1].

When I added a new "Play Sound File" module, it named it [Play 1] also.

I noticed that, and renamed it any way to what I wanted [TTS].

This caused the path of another module go to this one, so I fixed that.

Anyway, what happened was I thought I had it fixed right, but when I saved the script, I had a customer dial in and the original [Play 1] module had no path to it and caused the script to hang up on the customer and made them mad of course.

I just tried it again to duplicate and it will not create a duplicate name currently.

Earlier today it did it several times.

Have you ever seen this happen before???? (using version 090309 currently)

When a new module is added the script the current script designer will give it a default name of which is based on the module type (eg. Play type module will start with "Play") and then an integer afterwards. The default name given to the module is usually unique, but sometimes it may not be.

It is best to change each newly created module title to something that indicates the module use in the script (and is unique).

efore

If two or more modules of the same name are present in the script then the current script designer may get confused as to which module the paths should lead.

Next script designer will ensure that the automatically created names do not duplicate name of any other module in the script.