VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Vg Service Monitoring Tool

Has anyone written a script to check that VG service is running? Let's say I want to check every 1/2 hour to see if it is running. If it is not running do something like either start the service or send an email.

I notice that sometimes the VG service is not running and I need to start it manually.

Google "check if windows service is running". It will bring up a number of suggestions.'eg: http://www.jigsawboys.com/2007/02/21/scrip...r-if-it-is-not/

We have not seen or heard of any instances of VoiceGuide service stopping work by itself. We have not seen any cases of this on any of our test systems and have not had any reports of such things happening to any other clients. It's a managed .NET service so it does not just stop like the traditional Win32 (non-.NET) applications would, even if there is an error detected within the software.

If you have such problems on your system then you should note down the times when you observed and look at your Windows Event Viewers Application log for any errors or system restarts etc. If there was an actual error with the program and it stopped running then there will be an error logged by Windows in the Event Viewer. If you see any errors then please post copies of the Application log from the Event Viewer along with traces from VoiceGuide which cover that time and we see what can be happening.

OK it may be a non-issue. I'll keep an eye on it.

I was testing TTS at the time, so maybe that did it.