VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Vbscript Cannot Call Vgservices.dll

Hi,

I am using VG version 6 and everytime a VBScript reaches the following line, it stops.

set vg = CreateObject("vgServices.CommandLink")

I have also tried using "VoiceGuide.CommandLink", to no success. Everything else in the script works (eg. DB calls).

I have noticed the following lines from the vgEngine log.

120242.896  5          vg.ini [startup]:RegAsmVgServices not set. default is 0
120242.896  5          not registering vgServices in GAC. Installer should have registered COM interface (C:\Program Files\VoiceGuide\vgServices.dll),  INI/Startup/RegAsmVgServices=[0] (use 1 to force registration, or use 0 to skip registration)

If the answer to my problem requires the registration of vgServices, could someone please tell me how to do that. What should the line that I might need to enter into vg.ini look like.

Or am I barking up the wrong tree and simply need to reinstall the program.

Thanx.

Are you using v6 or v7? The vgEngine trace you quote comes from v7.

When you installed the software were you logged in as an Administrator?

Are there any Anti-virus programs running? If yes then which ones? Try turning them off (esp. Norton) and reinstalling VoiceGuide.

Sorry about the version confusion. I am using v7.

I installed it as an administrator. There is no antivirus software running on this server.

Is this usually the sign of an installation problem? Is there anything I should watch for during installation?

What are you trying to use these for? I was using these for the "Internet Portal.vgs" script to get stock quotes from finance.yahoo.com.

This seems to have worked in some versions of 7 but not all. I am on the very latest (one one of the posts and the delivered version does not work).

I'm going to try the "second" method in the script to see if it works any better.

set vg = CreateObject("VoiceGuide.CommandLink")

I installed it as an administrator. There is no antivirus software running on this server.

Is this usually the sign of an installation problem? Is there anything I should watch for during installation?

Reinstalling would not hurt.

Is the VoiceGuide service running when you are running the VBScript?

Please make a call into the system and go right though the default Credit Card Payment script and then .ZIP up all the traces in VoiceGuide's \log\ subdirectory and post them here.

You should not use the Internet Portal script to test whether you can establish a COM connection VoiceGuide. The Internet Portal does a lot more then a COM connection to VG and any problems you have with it are more likely on the internet connection side rather then on the COM connection side. To test CreateObject("vgServices.CommandLink") just use a basic VBScript, like an example shown here: http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/source/ht...tracelogadd.htm

CreateObject("VoiceGuide.CommandLink") is an older naming convention that is still for now supported, but it is bein phased out. Look at what is in the Help file. All examples use CreateObject("vgServices.CommandLink") and that is what you should use.

That VBScript will not run properly as it attempts to show a message box to the user, which will not work if VBScript is ran from a Windows Service application like v7.

Change the VBScript to:

vg.Run_ResultReturn $RV_DEVICEID, "yes"

set vg = Nothing

and you should then see it work.

Have you tried a test with the default Credit Card Payment script as suggested in previous post?

I created a test script that I have included along with the logs of the call.

The test script contains only the following lines:

vg.Run_ResultReturn $RV_DEVICEID, "yes"

set vg = Nothing

I ran the Credit Card Payment script and it worked fine. It does not use vgServices.CommandLink.

Test_Script.vgs

0313_1345_vgEngine.txt

0313_ktTel.txt

0313_ktTts.txt

It looks like you are using a very old version of VoiceGuide.

From where did you download the version that you are currently using?

Please go to our Downloads page and download and install the current version of VoiceGuide v7.

Then run the CreateObject("vgServices.CommandLink") VBScript tests as before.

In the current version of VoiceGuide v7 the Credit Card Payment script uses VBScript to save the entered data to a file.