VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Am Detection Disable - Not Working?

I am trying out the Disabled feature of the AM in vg.ini since I notice calls on cell phones in the car tend to be detected as AM since there is noise in the background.

I changed to this and restarted VG and it still detected AM.

I see there is a background sound level that I can change from 0-100, with a default of 10. Should I just make that higher?

AM_DetectionMode=Disabled

The Disabled keyword should be specified in the text box where usually the script/sound file to be used for Answering Machine answers is specified. This approach allows you to turn the Answering Machine detection off on a per-call basis.

Hm. I tried that and I see that it starts playing the message upon the start of ringing, so that is not what I want for sure.

I was looking for something that would basically make cell phone calls better where there is noise in the background. So should I try the noise level adjustment in the vg.ini file?

I was thinking that the AM disable would still wait for the call to pick up, but not try to detect AM.

Do digital lines work better for this?

Background noise will affect the answering machine detection reliability. (the more background noise the more likely the Dialogic will say that call is answered by machine).

On digital ISDN lines you can start your script immediately when call is actually answered, not immediately after number is dialed like what happens on analog lines.

I was thinking that the AM disable would still wait for the call to pick up, but not try to detect AM.

This is how it would work if you used ISDN lines.