VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Mysql Hosted Database

Hi,

I'm using a Mysql database to manage outgoing calls. I would like to use a database (Mysql) that is hosted on a remote server.

So my question is:

Is they any issue using a remote database or is it mandatory to have the database and VG insalled on the same machine.

When I say remote server I mean on an ISP provider keeping VG installed on my local server..

Tkx

Mh

There are no issues with having the outgoing calls database on another server. It is a common way to setup larger systems.

You just need to specify the connect string to your database in the <Dialer> section of the Config.xml file.

Hello

I have made VG point on a remote database but callasare not placed. Could you please have a look on the attached logs and let me know what's wrong.

Thank you

Mh

log.zip

vgEngine trace shows the database connection is established.

When you load the calls using the Telephone Number Loader do the calls appear in the call list table - on the last tab in the Telephone Number Loader application ?

Also try specifying Disable for the <OutDialQue_PortToUse_LinkField> field in the Config.xml file. Add this to the <Dialer> section of Config.xml:

<OutDialQue_PortToUse_LinkField>Disable</OutDialQue_PortToUse_LinkField>

Hi,

Yes when using the VG loader I see the entry in the database and the entry appears also in the database panel within the loader application.

please see the logs. Still not working.

Tkx

Mh

log.zip

Trace shows that the <OutDialQue_PortToUse_LinkField> value was not set to Disabled.

Please set this in the Config.xml file as instructed in previous post.

Also it's be good if you could update to the latest version of VoiceGuide v7 so that we can see the tracing as reporting by the latest version of VoiceGuide.

101925.296 5 db config OutDialQue_PortToUse_LinkField =

setting up OutDialQue_PortToUse_LinkField to Disable it works.

But I need to speicfy the lines on witch I'm making calls so can leave it to Disable .

Please do the following:

1. stop and uninstall VoiceGuide.
2. delete all the tables in the MySQL database created for VoiceGuide
3. update to this latest version of VoiceGuide: [old link removed]
4. change the Config.xml to point to MySQL
6. restart VG.
7. start the Telephone Number Loader
8. Load one call

then .ZIP up all the traces in VoiceGuide's \log\ directory and post them here.

for information when setting up "Disabled" it works, when emply, does not work.

Thkx

Mh

We will look at this trace on Monday. In the meantime as a workaround maybe you can set the <OutDialQue_PortToUse_LinkField> value to Disabled and specify which lines you do not want used to send outgoing calls out on using the <AllowDialOut> setting in the Config.xml file. Set <AllowDialOut>0</AllowDialOut> for ports that you do not want outbound calls to be made out on.

Please use a setting of ID for the OutDialQue_PortToUse_LinkField field. like this:

<OutDialQue_PortToUse_LinkField>ID</OutDialQue_PortToUse_LinkField>

If using MySQL this options needs to be set to ID. It used to default to ID beforehand and we'll have it default to ID in future releases if MySQL is used.

Looks like the settings of GUID and Disable do not work with MySQL.

Edited by SupportTeam
OutDialQue_PortToUse_LinkField setting in example was incorrect

not sure. In fact I'm already usgin a mysql database to do my outgoing calls and it works . The point is that I have juste moved to another hosted mysql server ans I meet the probleme now. But on my local Mysql server it works fine including using the PortTouse table.

so let me do some further tests an come back to you.

Tks