VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Analog Vs Digital For Outbound Calling

I wanted to get a better explanation of analog vs digital and which would work better.

It is my understanding that digital would work better. I am investigating getting a 23 or 46 line system to do an application in-house versus ASP.

Here is what someone here says about analog:

"Based on our experience, analog lines actually work better than digital lines. We have found that digital lines using for mass calling have problems leaving messages on answering machines or voice mail boxes. This is the reason analog lines are used for our other application"

We would disagree with the statement that you quote.

Digital lines usually create a clearer connection allowing better human vs answering machine detection, and as ISDN informs you of exact instant when handset is picked up the human/machine detection reliability can be further enhanced. The clearer connection and lower background noise that ISDN lines offer also allows the software to ascertain with greater certainty when is the right time to start the message that is to be left on answering machine/voicemail.

ISDN also will signal the exact time the call has ended. This is vital for any application that requires precise length of call accounting.

Overall ISDN is a far superior choice to analog. If a company is trying to steer you away from using ISDN then that would suggest that they do not have a mature/reliable ISDN solution.

The evaluation version of VoiceGuide handles up to 30 channels, allowing you to evaluate the software with a full T1 ISDN or E1 ISDN span.