VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Help! Line Status Is Saying Eval For Some Reason

When I start vg now the line status only says evaluation. Even if I go to License manager and paste in the 4 lines and restart vg, it still says eval. The unique id's match. I have also made sure the firewall is disabled. Please help, I have a demo tomorrow.

0309_0150_vgEngine.zip

The vgEngine trace shows that the software stops after trying to do a test of it's .NET Remoting port (which uses port 7139). Last entry in trace is:

015016.343 5 vgServices test. http://localhost:7139/vgIvrRemoting/vgServices

possible causes are that some other software is using port 7139 and hence VoiceGuide's test is unsuccessful. Such a failure results in immediate stop of service as the service is unable to function properly.

Quickest resolution may be to just restart the system and ensure no software other then essential services and VoiceGuide is running. Eventually you may need to track down what is interfering with port 7139.

I downloaded 0309 per the other thread to see if this would get me working again, but now the line status monitor just says not connected.

What's up with that?

You are most likely using an older version status monitor. You need to use the status monitor from the same release.

I did one more reboot and now it shows the license. I'll test and make sure it works ok on the latest version.

090309 seems to have been working all day. Then just in the last hour, the service monitor shows an X. When I try to start it I get "Not Connected".

I exited the service monitor and started a new one with the same results.

I've attached a screen shot and log files.

Please advise.

Netstat shows nothing is using any 713x ports until I try to start the VG service.

If I go to the url http://localhost:7139/vgIvrRemoting/vgServices

I get this (I don't know if it's normal or not):

System.ArgumentNullException: No message was deserialized prior to calling the DispatchChannelSink. Parameter name: requestMsg at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.DispatchChannelSink.ProcessMessage(IServerChann

elSinkStack sinkStack, IMessage requestMsg, ITransportHeaders requestHeaders, Stream requestStream, IMessage& responseMsg, ITransportHeaders& responseHeaders, Stream& responseStream) at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.BinaryServerFormatterSink.ProcessMessage(IServe

rChannelSinkStack sinkStack, IMessage requestMsg, ITransportHeaders requestHeaders, Stream requestStream, IMessage& responseMsg, ITransportHeaders& responseHeaders, Stream& responseStream) at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.SoapServerFormatterSink.ProcessMessage(IServerC

hannelSinkStack sinkStack, IMessage requestMsg, ITransportHeaders requestHeaders, Stream requestStream, IMessage& responseMsg, ITransportHeaders& responseHeaders, Stream& responseStream) at System.Runtime.Remoting.MetadataServices.SdlChannelSink.ProcessMessage(IServerCh

annelSinkStack sinkStack, IMessage requestMsg, ITransportHeaders requestHeaders, Stream requestStream, IMessage& responseMsg, ITransportHeaders& responseHeaders, Stream& responseStream) at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Http.HttpServerTransportSink.ServiceRequest(Obj

ect state) at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.SocketHandler.ProcessRequestNow()

post-2793-1236656648_thumb.png

0309_0211_vgEngine.zip

0309_2333_vgEngine.zip

It just started again OK. I'm not sure why it is flaking out like this. Now it shows the 4 lines as OK.

the service monitor shows an X

If the IVR Service Monitor in the Icon Tray shows a red X then this means the IVR service is not running.

I exited the service monitor and started a new one with the same results.

Restarting the service monitor will not start the service itself. To start the service you need to either right click on the service monitor and select Start from the popup menu or start the service from the Windows Service Manager.

If the IVR service is not started then the Line Status app will show "Not Connected".

Right now the line status shows "Not Connected" but the service monitor shows that the service is running. I've stopped and restarted several times. I noticed this after a reboot.

When I call in, VG is working fine, like the service is running on the right script, just the line status is hosed.

0312_1946_vgEngine.zip

Attached trace shows the VocieGuide service did not complete system initialization after starting. Last line in vgEngine trace (before Line Status Monitor connection attempts) again is:

194618.031 5 vgServices test. http://localhost:7139/vgIvrRemoting/vgServices

Looks like sometimes VocieGuide starts and runs OK on this system and sometimes it does not. You should try to identify under what circumstances you are seeing it start and under what circumstances it does not in order to find the cause of these problems on your system.

A few minutes after I posted that the line monitor only showed "Not Connected", then it said connected. So maybe it just sometimes flakes out after a reboot? I also notice this if I restart the service a lot when making changes to the config.xml

After service restart keep an eye on the new vgEngine log created. You can open the log file in the WinTail.exe utility (in VG's main directory) to keep track of what new log entries are added to it.

If you see the log stop on the "vgServices test. http://localhost:7139/vgIvrRemoting/vgServices" line then this indicates the service did not complete starting up.

If there you can identify what events/actions lead to this problem then you should be able to identify what is causing it.