VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Best Outdial Xml Entries

I'm looking for successful outdial_new.xml records that people are using out there.

What fields and options work best for everyone out there?

Here is one I am using (the DX_CAP used here is due to phone line issues and false SIT I was getting):

<OutDialEntry> <PhoneNumber>7775551212</PhoneNumber> <PhoneNumberPrefix>,*67</PhoneNumberPrefix><DaytimeStart>800</DayTimeStart> <DayTimeStop>2100</DayTimeStop> <DaysCallAllowed>MoTuWeThFrSaSu</DaysCallAllowed> <LineSelection></LineSelection> <CampaignName>1111</CampaignName> <Priority></Priority> <OnAnswerLive>1.wav</OnAnswerLive><AnswerTimeout>40</AnswerTimeout><CallOptions><DX_CAP><ca_lowerfrq>913</ca_lowerfrq></DX_CAP></CallOptions> </OutDialEntry>

Some examples of outdial xml files are in the Help file.

From traces you posted in other threads we can see that you are using the OutDial xml files to load calls and calls are being loaded ok.

So is your question basically about what other <CallOptions> settings people use?

The <CallOptions> settings that may be required by one system/lines woudl not necessirilly apply to anoter system/lines, so it's not really appropriate to just take settings that may be used on another system.

Most systems out there do not require any special <CallOptions> settings anyway.

I'm trying to optimize my calls to be successful. I want to get to near 100% call completion as possible.

I was wondering about the answertimeout, or anything that people have had experience with good values for these.

Here are my issues:

1) I have some calls that were not being made at all

2) some that would dial, but were getting picked up by the telco (VG thinks it's an AM)

3) some that go to some cell phones, but have a 1.2s silence in the begining of the message and the cell would come on with a message to press 1 or 2 to go to voicemail

4) good many false AM detection

I have actually resolved most this weekend:

1) I went back to 7.0.9_090106 since the later versions do not wait for the line to be freed before making the next call - so that is resolved

2) Same as #1, they would dial, but dial too quickly and get a SIT like error on the telco - that is resolved with 090106 and not using a later version

3) With Cingular/ATT cell phones, it seems that if the outgoing call has more than a 1s silence in the begining (when it is going to voice mail) it is setup to force the user to press a number (they want you to hit 2 to continue to record your voice mail). So that was a real issue. I resolved that by creating a .3s brown noise in Cool Edit and I prepend this to all outgoing messages. The user hears a slight noise for .3s in the begining, but that is worth it. I may turn down the volumn a little to make it less noticeable. But this was a nice solution on my part if I do say so myself.

4) I'm still working on this, I now it won't be perfect, but this is where I'm seeking help. If VG detects AM, then it waits a period before playing the message. I don't want the person getting the call to hear the silence and think there is nothing there and just hang up the call without getting the message.

Any thoughts here?

Thanks!!

Moving to ISDN lines greatly improves outbound call performance. When using ISDN lines you will be informed of the exact time the call has been answered and will not need to rely on frequency presence based detection that is used to determine when calls placed on analog lines are answered.