VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Can't Play Wav File In Play Module

Hello,

I am new to voiceguide , I just downloaded VoiceGuide 6 today . I want to try this product before purchasing .

I have dialogic /4 card (which is an old card , so that I downloaded VoiceGuide 6) .

The products looks nice and easy to use. But I faced a aproblem in playing Wav files . When I call the application , It looks that it answered the call (OffHook) but it does not play the wav file , I just hear a long tone . I tried to make a path for digit 1 to test if path is working (to go to recording module with beep enabled ) , It went to the recording path and gave me the recording beep , which means the the application is working . So that the problem occur when playing wav files ( note that this wav file is one of the VoiceGuide sounds )

Please send me your comments.

Thanks,

Abduljalil

So caller hears ringback and then after call is answered caller just hears tone? What about after the file stops playing? Still hearing the tone or does the tone stop? If you are using sound file supplied with VoiceGuide then it sounds like there is a problem with either the Dialogic card.

Thanks for fast reply ,

Regarding to the dialogic card(Dialogic/4) no problem with it . I run the samples in Dialogic folder and they are working fine.

To clarify the problem . I run the application in 2 ways , Please tell me if I am right :

1) Click the icon 'set and run current script' this gave me an error message : VgMulti.exe that reference to wrong memory allocation

2) I open the VoiceGuide , then select the script to run (This way is working and no error message appear)

When I call the application I hear long beep , the same as recording beep (hear this beep for about 5 seconds and the silent for 3 second , after that the beep comes agin, this repeated 3 times then the application hung up the line).

Please note that I use VG 6 and System release 5 with Win2000 professional service pack 4 ( Dialogic card is working fine with it's installed samples)

Is there any configuration files to config the lines ?

If this clear , please send me what to do .

BR,

Abduljalil

Could you please post a copy of VoiceGuide's Debug Printout which captures the outgoing call, this will allow us to see what happened.

Enable logging by setting the log levels to 10 in VG.INI as per below:

[Log]

VoiceGuide=10

NumberLoader=0

VoicemailManager=0

EmailSender=0

TapiWrapOcx=10

SapiWrapOcx=0

Then make a test call which demonstrates the problem.

Debug Trace files will be created in VG's \log\ subdirectory.

Please post the traces and the VoiceGuide script used.

When posting traces/scripts please .ZIP them up and post them as attachments.

Hello Team,

I attched the log and the application:

play module with 2 paths , 1 record module and 2 hung up module

I reset the PC and DCM dialogic servece , and tested the application : the beep voice disappeared and the application go to the path thet I choice either 1 or 2.

So , the problem is only with the Play module (which I got silent instead of playing the voice)

Please fiond the log file and feed me back( Note that I programer on Voice API )

Thanks,

Abduljalil

Hello Team,

Sorry, I forgot the attached .

I attched the log and the application:

play module with 2 paths , 1 record module and 2 hung up module

I reset the PC and DCM dialogic servece , and tested the application : the beep voice disappeared and the application go to the path thet I choice either 1 or 2.

So , the problem is only with the Play module (which I got silent instead of playing the voice)

Please fiond the log file and feed me back.

Note:

1) I am programer on Voice and GC API's , iF any config extra needed i will do

2) PBX does not support caller ID for analog lines (Nortel oprion 11c PBX), So that caller Id will not pass to the application

Thanks,

Abduljalil

VG_6.zip

Trace files look fine with no errors returned from the Dialogic card so its hard to see what the problem may be.

Could you maybe try using .VOX files - same ones that are used by the Dialogic sample apps. VoiceGuide v6 will then just instruct Dialogic to play the supplied ADPCM .VOX files.

Hello Team,

I used VOX file instead of wav . It worked and speak the voice , but it speaked the voice fastly . Find attached the application and log files

Thanks for your support.

Abduljalil

VG_6.zip

VoiceGuide v6 sets up Dialogic to use 8kHz ADPCM, maybe the sound files you used were 6kHz ADPCM - which would sound fast if they are played back at 8kHz speed.

VoiceGuide v6 should create .VOX files from the supplied .WAV files (the .VOX files should be created in the same directory) so maybe as a next step you could try specifying those .VOX files to be played and see if that works.

Hello Team,

great :rolleyes: , I changed the format of the VOX file to be 8kHz ADPCM instead of 6khz (using GoldWAve s/w) . And It worked fine.

Thank you agin .

Abduljalil

Is VoiceGuide also playing OK the .VOX files that it itself generates? (generates from the .WAV files supplied with the demo scripts, eg Credit Card Payment)

Hello,

I did not find any VOX file ? do you mean to convert those wav files to VOX and try them ??

What about Speak numbers Module , It can not speak the number . It keep silent, Is it the same problem and how should I solve it ?

Can i change the numbers in ../sounds folder to VOX format too? or corvert them to specific wave format?

Thanks,

Abduljalil

Looks like v6 did not create any intermediate VOX files on disk after all. (on sound Play).

I think I found the reason why you have problems. The Dialog/4 is such an old card that is requires different sound files. Go to our Download page and click on link "US Female sound files for Dialogic D/21D,D/41D,Dialog/4,VFX/40 (MuLaw 8kHz 8bit Mono) (2.83 MB)" and replace your system (and sample script) sound files with those ones. Any .WAV sound file you record yourself should be in ULaw 8kHz, 8bit.