VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Problem Bring Up Line Status

Hello Support Team,

There was really no changed in any config file or the connection string or whatsoever, it just happened, one minute i was looking at the line status.. now its "Not Connected" anymnore, I tried rebooting my system and rebooting IVR but it doesnt still connect, no line status...

what could be the problems?

Thanks

Are you using the LineStatus app from same machine as the IVR or from another machine?

If another machine then does the LineStatus app work when started locally on the IVR system?

Hello Support Team,

Yes from the same machine. There shouldnt be a problem on same machine right?

Thanks!!!

No there should not be a problem on same machine. Are you still having this problem? Are you sure that you are using the line status monitor from the same version as the current VoiceGuide install?

Please do the following:

1. Stop VG.

2. Delete all files in VG's \log\ subdirectory

3. Start VG

4. Start the Line Status Monitor.

5. Stop VG

6. .ZIP up and post all the files from VG's \log\ subdirectory

vgEngine trace shows these errors on startup:

132008.389 11 ERROR v7.0.3343.31893 (Wed 25/02/2009 17:43:06.27) thread_sockStatusLink_DoListen : Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted

132010.545 5 ERROR v7.0.3343.31893 (Wed 25/02/2009 17:43:06.27) vgServices_InitAccess : There is already a listener on IP endpoint 0.0.0.0:7132.

132010.560 5 0 ERROR v7.0.3343.31893 (Wed 25/02/2009 17:43:06.27) InitRemoting new HttpChannel(7139) : Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted

Looks like the system VoiceGuide is unable to open the IP ports 7130,7131,7132 and 7139 on this system. VoiceGuide needs to be able to open these ports. If these ports cannot be opened then Line Status Monitor cannot connect to VoiceGuide and things like COM and WCF interfaces to VoiceGuide will not work.

Check what other program is currently using those ports and ensure that VoiceGuide is not blocked from opening these ports for itself.

What other software is installed on this system? I'd recommend you have just Win+Dialogic+VoiceGuide on this system to ensure that nothing else is interfering. Once you have everything working you can add other software.