VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Particular Version Not Waiting For Line To Make Call?

I am using version 090218 to get pdf to fax working, but now I notice most calls being made are going to what it thinks is Answering Machine.

My phone never rings or gets a voice mail. I see the log shows Answering Machine and I played the rec_am_1.wav and it is where an automated operator comes on when the line is not starting from dial tone to make a call. So, I'm wondering if the line I call in on is not being released properly before it starts the outbound call (one line right now on this system).

If I need a newer version, let me know, I may need to revert back to 09016 if this doesn't work and then wait for a version that does pdf and outbound OK.

You can see from the cdr out file yesterday, I called many times and only got two calls, the rest went to "answering machine" but did not really, it got the operator interupt.

Please advise.

RecAm_1.wav

0225_0624_vgEngine.txt

0225_ktTel.txt

CDR_20090225_out.txt

CDR_20090224_out.txt

I'm trying 090223 and it does about the same thing. As soon as I'm done calling in the IVR and hang up, it shows that it dials right away and then gets the operator error.

I have gone back to 090106 and it dials out fine, it waits for the line to release as it should.

Also I notice that the internetportal.vgs does not work in 090106, but did work in 090223. Any ideas on that?

The RecAm_1.wav recording attached captures what VoiceGuide hears immediately after the Dialogic card reports the presence of 'Automated Voice' on the line.

Have you listened to the file? Probably best to ask your telephone provider why would they play this message.

Looks like the phone number dialed by the system is: *673196880

Is the * dialed to get an external line on the PBX? If so then most likely the PBX needs more time to select an external line so you should try adding a pause (ie. a comma) between the * and the rest of the number, like this: *,673196880

Yes, I listened to the wav, and this is what happens when you don't dial a number properly, like if you start dialing before you get a dialtone or something like that. There is no PBX, it's just POTS; the *67 sets the call to be an anonymous call (this way the called party doesn't see caller id information).

So, on version 090218 and 090223, they get this type of problem over 70% of the time. If I stick with 090106, it dials fine.

When I am at the end of my script, I let the caller know that they can hang up. So, if they hand up quickly (before the script that copies the number to be called to the xml file to get added to the dial que) then the call won't get completed most of the time with 090216/23, but with 090106, it always makes the call, no matter how fast you hang up.

This is why I wonder if you changed something in the later compiles that cause vg to not wait properly for the line to be availabe before it starts dialing.

*67 sets the call to be an anonymous call

Suggest you try dialing the number like this then:

or you could also try:

,*67,3196880

The way that the number is dialed has not changed between the versions that you mention.

I'm not sure why you are saying this. I am trying to figure out what is different in the two versions. I don't want to use a "," if I don't have to simply to reduce call setup time overall. If I do a lot of calls, a "," could add time to the process. But I will try with and without and let you know.

OK, I put in a "," before dialing each number and now 090223 seems to be working. so the number is ",*675551234", where *67 just sets the outbound call to be anonymous with no caller id.

I consider this a temporary fix since as my call volumn goes up, I would like to avoid having to put in the "," to delay the outbound call even by a second.

So, if there is a version out in the near future that will negate the need for this, let me know and I will try it.

I like 090223 since it works with the internetportal.vgs and also it does pdf faxing, so I'll stick with it.

Thanks for the idea.

If putting a delay before the *67 fixes the issue that means that your switch needs some time between line pickup and when the number can be dialed. The delay time of each comma is about 1 second by default. You can adjust that by editing the DXBD_PAUSETM entry in the Config.xml file. Use a value of 50 for half a second or 20 for 200ms etc.

But you are not hearing what I am saying. What I mean is that version 090106 has no issue with dialing out, it waits until the line is released. Version 090223 seems to try to make the first outbound call too fast before the inbound call releases the line. This is a one-line system for now, so inbound and outbound are on the same line.

There were no changes made between those two versions in the time the system waits after end of a call before allowing outbound calls to be made on the same line. The end of call and start of next call events would be listed in the trace files, a trace files from both versions can be compared to confirm this behavior.

If outbound call is attempted on analog lines while previous inbound caller still has not hung up then Telco would not even play the dial tone and would not accept any dialed digits.