VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Help! To Fax Pdf And Tif

Hello,

When I try to fax a PDF file, the errors come from something like converting the pdf to tif but decides not to because its newer then when to find the tif, its not there..something like that but I am sure I have yet to get the bigger picture, im new to this, there could be missing in my installation or my fax tool is not working right, etc .. please see the attached files..

0223_2008_vgEngine.txt

0223_2012_vgDialListLoad.txt

0223_ktTel.txt

On the other hand, if i try to send a tif file, the error goes something like theres a header error for the tif file, I dont know, maybe again theres something missing in \the installation or my fax tool is not right, etc .. please see the attached files..

0223_1927_vgEngine.txt

0223_1931_vgDialListLoad.txt

0223_ktTel.txt

Please help. Also.. I am sending fax to an electronic fax.. efax that is to be specific

Any response would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much

P.S. my VG version is 7> , the ghostscript exe and controls are located in each of voiceguide/gs , voiceguide/bin/ and voiceguide/bin/gs/ .. to make sure voiceguide finds them in case it couldnt find in any of those directories

Pernell W B

BTW, i meant version 7< which is vgEngine version: 7.0.3293.39631 (RELEASE Build)

Thanks

Another thing, you might have noticed that at vgengine's fax filename and vgdiallistload's fax filename are different, actually they are the same, i just forgot to rename the one in vengine's... :)

no conflicts of filenames of the fax to be sent, theyre the same object referred to

thank you

Please update your system to this version of VoiceGuide: [old link removed] and try the PDF faxing again.

Is the TIFF file you are using in "Fax Group 3" format?

Thank you very much for your response.

Now, its converting the PDF file into TIF succesfully... BUT what it is required is to fax a PDF file only not TIF...

how can we do this please? should I configure something so its only PDF that should be faxed

also, how would we know its TIFF 3 or group 3?

thanks a million!!

Before faxing the PDF is converted into the TIFF format, and then the faxing occurs.

If you want to supply the TIFF files for faxout use then have a look at the format of the TIFF file that is made when the PDF is converted into TIFF. TIFF files that you supply must be in same format.

Hello Support Team, good day

So theres no way we can send just PDF files? always tif?

please advise.

Thanks

hello,

Yes I am specifying the pdf file in the <textOnAnswerFax> field but how come it still converts it to tif?

please advise

thanks a lot

Some internal processing is done with the PDF before sending it.

Part of that processing produces a TIFF version of the PDF file.

If thats the case, why cant VoiceGuide just converts the PDF file into a valid and acceptable TIFF?

why convert it then says it has a bad header?

so what should I do? so if this is the case, we cannot send any pdf file at all times since a pdf file when converted might result to a tiff file that has bad header?

please what should i do?

please advise

thanks

Could you please .ZIP up and post both the F:\project\artifacts\23R02.pdf and the created F:\project\artifacts\23R02.tif files.

Hello Support Team,

Hows the investigation so far? I hope the culprit has been found already.

Thanks

Please update your system to this version of VoiceGuide: [old link removed] and try the PDF faxing again.

Could you please post the F:\project\artifacts\23R02.tif that is now created.

The PDF file conversion looks fine, so we may need to start looking at the Dialogic card itself (or maybe the receiving fax machine?)

As a test can you try receiving a fax with VoiceGuide (receive it into a .PDF file) and then try sending out the received .PDF and created .TIFF files, and see if both of these work.

Please advise result of the above tests and also advise the model of the Dialogic card used.

Hello support team, thanks

When I tried to send a pdf file to VoiceGuide as TIF file(virtue of recording sound vg script), i was able to recieve it as TIF

when i tried to send a pdf to voiceguide as PDF file(virtue of recording sound vg script), it renamed it to TIF, now its already TIF file

when i tried to fax the same tif, theres an error again...

heres the log snippet

dial ktTel_Fax_Tx_Start_Enqueue call

124344.226 6 5 SendFaxStart ktTel_Fax_Tx_Start_Enqueue call [C:\sys_gen\soundfiles\fax-090226101230-am.tif]

124344.226 6 5 tqTel que cmd_Fax_Tx_Start [0,0,0,0,0][C:\sys_gen\soundfiles\fax-090226101230-am.tif||VoiceGuide||]

124344.226 6 5 t set 120 sec : EV_TIMEOUT_HANGUP

124344.226 7 5 tqTel run cmd_Fax_Tx_Start

124425.961 15 5 ev Dialogic 163,TFX_FAXERROR, crn=20000001, 100,0,0,,,

124425.961 15 5 qScr add evScriptEvent 163 TFX_FAXERROR

124425.961 6 5 qScr run evScriptEvent TFX_FAXERROR, iActionID=0, crn=20000001[100|0|0|0|0][|||||]

124425.961 6 5 ScriptEvent TFX_FAXERROR ||

124425.961 6 5 LsFaxTx TFX_FAXERROR

124425.961 6 5 HangupCall, source=LsFaxTx_TFX_FAXERROR, WorkModeScript=, yLineStateAppPov=[Connected]

124425.961 6 5 state Hanging up... [LsFaxTx_TFX_FAXERROR]

124425.961 6 5 rv add [Hangup Source]{LsFaxTx_TFX_FAXERROR}

124425.961 6 5 GoOnHoook_IssueDropCall start (crn=20000001)

124425.961 6 5 t set 1 sec : EV_TIMEOUT_DELAY_ANALOG_DXDROP

124425.961 6 5 LineState set Null_InGuardTimeAfterEndOfCall

124427.023 4 5 timer fired EV_TIMEOUT_DELAY_ANALOG_DXDROP

124427.023 4 5 qScr add evScriptEvent 9102 EV_TIMEOUT_DELAY_ANALOG_DXDROP

124427.023 6 5 qScr run evScriptEvent EV_TIMEOUT_DELAY_ANALOG_DXDROP, iActionID=0, crn=0[0|0|0|0|0][|||||]

124427.023 6 5 ScriptEvent EV_TIMEOUT_DELAY_ANALOG_DXDROP ||

and the tif file...

fax_090226101230_am.zip

I think this is the model of the diag card ?

---------------------------------------------

Dialogic Generic Downloader Version 6.00 (Build 2)

Copyright © 1992-2008 Dialogic Corporation. All Rights Reserved.

Get Board Power Status IOCTL called on a non PciExpress device

Get Board Power Status IOCTL called on a non PciExpress device

System Download ............................................................

D/4PCI-U (PCI ID 0) Download .. D4U Firmware Version 6.70 Build 0010

D/4PCI-U (PCI ID 0) Download .. D4U Firmware Version 6.70 Build 0010

2 Dialogic Boards Successfully Installed

-----------------------------------

Thanks

Are you faxing from one Dialogic port to another or are you testing against a separate standalone fax machine?

We were able to fax the PDF/TIFF sample that you provided using the D/4PCI-UF cards. Are your cards D/4PCI-U or D/4PCI-UF ? The D/4PCI-U do not support fax...

Can you post a screenshot of the Dialogic Configuration Manager showing the cards.

Alos, please try sending the attached files and advise if it works on your system. The attached files are one of our sample faxes. (attached sample files were created by sending a fax to VG).

FaxRx_Samples.zip

Hello Support Team,

Thanks!!!Nope, I am sending the faxt TO and FROM a standalone fax, I was able to send a fax to VG successfully but cant send back due to error.

yes its D/4PCI-U look at the screen shot below

post-3462-1235632972_thumb.jpg

And using the files you sent... still failed

CtEventProcess (from store) idx=17, evtdev=4, crn=00000000, evttype=163, data=06F61D60, len=0 (store: evinque=0, maxever=1)

172904.944 4380 4 ev TFX_FAXERROR (Error event for Fax )

172904.944 4380 3 ERROR fax TFX_FAXERROR: Phase E status 100

172904.944 4380 3 raise Dialogic TFX_FAXERROR 163 (100 0 0 )

172905.991 2396 3 fn DropCall(sLineId=3, sXMLOptions=[], iParam1=

thanks again for all your help

DCM shows that you are using D/4PCIU cards.

These cards do not support Fax.

I'm surprised that you are able to even receive fax with them.

You should change the cards you have to D/4PCIUF cards.

Hello Support Team

How can we talk on private? For private info and details regarding our hardware and stuffs, My boss told me he purchased D4PCIUF and not D4PCIU and why is it that that is the one currently? can we send you an email please? we really need your support. we really need your help to make this work - to fax PDF succesfully or even TIF.

Thanks a lot. Hope to hear from you soon.

Regards

The cards' model type should be on the sticker on the back of the card.

It should also be shown on the box in which the card came in (and serial number on box should match that on the card).

To setup direct support please email sales@voiceguide.com

Helo Support Team,

We just want to share what we are seeing so far. And this is really unexpected.

Given: the current VG version installed is the last version you recommended us to install in this forum - 7.0.9_090225

A) faxing tif and pdf to this number 0755279677 worked, this fax machine is just located in the office. But I found some errors in the logs. Maybe through this you can spot problems in the system. Please see the attached file.

Faxsent.zip

B) faxing tif and pdf to this number 0733196108 failed, this is a virtual fax service provided by EFAX http://www.efax.com

here is the logs

FaxNotSent.zip

Please advise

Thanks a lot

Probably a good idea to try sending to a number of different faxes if you can to check if you are having just a problem sending to a particular fax.

Also for basic connectivity testing I'd use a simple fax - just s a few lines of text. This will ensure that fax complexity (and hence transmission time) cant be an issue.

We did some tests with the 0733196108 number and found that we had problems reliably connecting both from our test fax machine (HP make) and from the D/4PCIUF card. on average 1 in 3 attempts from either source connected. On the times that it did connect we were able to send your .PDF (and .TIFF) as well as some simpler text faxes. The problem seems to be at the handshaking stage. Once the systems connect the transmission does not drop out.

As similar issued were encountered with our test machine as well then at this stage it looks like the problem does not like with the Dialogic card. Would recommend you do more test calls against a wider range of machines to give you a better picture of what how well the faxing works.

Would also recommend updating to this version of software: [old link removed] This new version correctly removes the faxed entries from the database once the retries limit is reached.