VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Dont Hear Any Sound - I cant hear anything when voiceguide answer

I cant hear anything when voiceguide answer

in the "Line status" windows looks like "[bienvenida] playing wav [wavs\bienvenida.wav]" doesnt respond... I cant hear anything and it doesnt do anything.....

Can you help me??

Thanks

Rudyard

0219_1802_vgEngine.zip

The attached traces do not show any incoming calls.

As this is a VoIP system we would ultimately need to see WireShark traces (www.wireshark.org) capturing the IP packets to see what is happening on the call.

Please post VG and WS traces capturing the call and we can then comment on what is happening.

The computer has a new installation... I had to format the pc, windows XP, 512 RAM, 20 GB hard disk, SP 3, HDP Dialogic software 225, Voiceguide 7.0.9, SAPI 5.1, Net Framework 2 & 3.... When I dial... Vociguide answer the call.. but I never heard anything... I press number and voiceguide doesnt do anything,..,. Until I hang up....

There is a image of voiceguide line status monitor when Voiceguide answer the call... and anything happend anymore...

Thanks,

Rudyard

0220_0835_vgEngine.zip

Does the WireShark trace supplied includes all the packets sent/received on this system?

There are no RTP packets visible in the trace from either VoiceGuide or your Asterisk box.

The Call Setup looks OK, but the Asterisk box asks to setup both audio and video comms, which VoiceGuide's HMP layer negotiates and issues an OK response to, so we should see RTP packets being sent from both sides. But we are not seeing any RTP.

VoiceGuide only plays audio though - so maye the HMP player is waiting for Video data as well before sending RTP, we would need to do some tests here to see how system behaves when asked to open a video conenction. But lack of RTP from VG should not affect RTP sending from Asterisk

Maybe Asterisk is also being confused by the video requriement? Maybe Asterisk is being confused by HMPs response of port 0 to be used for sending of Video?

Suggest tha you also configure thw Asterisk to only do an audio connection, just to make sure that the video negotiation is not affecting anything here.

Maybe you have some firewalls in place which block RTP?

Also, are you running Windows+HMP+VG in a VMWare client? The WireShark trace suggests that you do.

You should not use HMP in any virtualisation client. It will not work well.

For reference here is a trace capturing a simple call from a Polycom Soundpoint phone to VoiceGuide.

ExampleSipCall_PolycomToVg.zip