VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Transfer

HI,

I am trying to Dialout and transfer, with an announce message but I don't want the system to wait for a keystroke.

Currently I use Dial out and Conf Monitored (we record the call), and we bridge calls immediately after dialing. Our Voice Guide V6 has this feature but I can't figure it out for 7. Can you please let me know how I should set this. We use the dialout feature so the caller can hear the ringing at the other end and while we want the reciever to hear "You have a call from the newspaper (a preprecored wave file)" - we dont want them to press 1 or 2 (unless I can juse set the timeout for 1 second so they wont notice.

Thanks.

We use the dialout feature so the caller can hear the ringing at the other end and while we want the receiver to hear "You have a call from the newspaper (a prerecorded wave file)"

The caller hears ringing? Do you play a wav file to the caller which has just has the ringback signal recorded in it? Or do you start the transfer without answering the call?

Are you using analog or ISDN lines?

Could you maybe post a trace capturing the current transfer so that we can see exactly what is happening on your system.

Hi,

I am just using my T-1's.

When a caller dials into our sytem we play "This call may be recorded for training purposes" and them immediately dial and transfer the number. This has been working perfectly for over a year. We would like to Play an Announce Message - so when a call comes in they hear a pre-recorded wave file "You have a call from the internet" and then they are connected to the caller. We do not want them to have to press a 1 to accept the call - we tried this and the phone tree got in the way. Sure, we are aware that they have a phone tree they wont hear our announce message but the caller will hear the call (Immediately) and then navigate the tree. I have tried different transfer options in the past and have not had any luck. We actually paid you guys to get this to work in v6, so I believe it can be done in V7. Even if we have to pick a timeout of 1 second this would be fine. We are pretty flexible with how this has to work so your help is greatly appreciated. I think technically we start the transfer before the call is answered.

Some phone systems call this a whisper page.

0222_ktTel.zip

Please update to the current verison of VoiceGuide. The version that is used on this system is about a year old.

In the Dial-and-Conference Monitored transfer module:

1. in the "Bridge Calls Together When" select the "Voice or Answering Machine is detected. Listen for disconnect tones. (DX_PAMDOPTEN)" option (actually anything other then "Immediately after dialing." will be fine).

2. Specify the Announce Message file.

3. Optionally specify the "On Hold" file.

If that does not do what you require please post the traces form the current version (vgEngine and ktTel) performing the above transfer.

BTW. in module [Working] the expression is missing a quote. Change:

"$RV="ppacun@_removed_.com"

to:

"$RV"="ppacun@_removed_.com"

call trace:

032227.885 14 46 state [TransferToPHone] Monitored Dial and Connect to 19495527837

032227.900 9 2 ev CallState sEvent=LINECALLSTATE_DIALING, crn=0x284030c, iEvent=2 ,16,0,,,]

032229.135 9 2 ev Dialogic 2081,GCEV_ALERTING, crn=0x284030c (42205964), 2081,0,0,,,

032230.072 16 46 cl Record_2Lines_Start [46,2,d:\voice\16489_0222032228_8656882313.wav] options=[]

032230.385 16 46 state [WaitHereWhileRecording] Playing

032239.135 9 2 ev CallState sEvent=LINECALLSTATE_CONNECTED, crn=0x284030c, iEvent=2 ,256,0,,,]

032249.103 9 46 ev CallState sEvent=LINECALLSTATE_DISCONNECTED, crn=0x284030b, iEvent=2 ,16384,0,,,]

032249.134 9 46 ev Dialogic 130,TDX_RECORD, crn=0x284030b (42205963), 0,0,0,TM_USRSTOP,,

032249.134 9 46 ev Dialogic 2053,GCEV_DROPCALL, crn=0x284030b (42205963), 2053,0,0,,,

032249.134 9 46 ev CallState sEvent=LINECALLSTATE_IDLE, crn=0x284030b, iEvent=2 ,1,0,,,]

032249.134 9 46 state [sAVE2SQL] type: VB Script, iRunWait=1

032249.166 9 2 ev Dialogic 2053,GCEV_DROPCALL, crn=0x284030c (42205964), 2053,0,0,,,

032249.166 9 2 ev CallState sEvent=LINECALLSTATE_IDLE, crn=0x284030c, iEvent=2 ,1,0,,,]

032249.166 9 2 ev CallState sEvent=GCEV_RELEASECALL, crn=0x284030c, iEvent=2137 ,0,0,,,]

032252.400 4 46 state [Check] Evaluate ["$RV[CALLID]"=""]

032252.400 4 46 state [sendEmail] Send Email

032252.400 4 46 state [Log] type: VB Script, iRunWait=1

032253.509 9 46 ev CallState sEvent=GCEV_RELEASECALL, crn=0x284030b, iEvent=2137 ,0,0,,,]

HI,

I just installed v7.09 and now I can recieve calls but for some reason I can not place them. Did the settings in the config.xml change?

I added what I thought was the code so it would work with my T-1's but its not. Falling back to .06 until you let me know how to config. THanks

Paul

0309_2312_vgEngine.zip

The calls appear to be made to number 19999999999

Trace shows that calls to 19999999999 fail when calls were made using the older version or newer version, so looks like maybe its the number being dialed that is the problem?

It's a pretty big trace with many calls. If you can indicate what call you would like us to look at then we can comment on what happened on that particular call.

HI,

I have deleted the trace and just put it back. I have tried to fall back to an older VG verison but its not working. So here is a new trace from 9. No matter what number I try it does not dial out. I have a T-1, with 23 lines and what I think is called a robbed bit. No code has been changed for a year so something is a little different. Does Vg7.9 take londer to detect the DNIS?

Please help, I would like to get sleep soon. The config files are attached.

Paul

0310_ktTel.zip

Config.zip

The three calls in the attached trace are again all calls to number 19999999999

Is 19999999999 the number that you want to dial?

Hi,

I have been researching this. THE DNIS is 0000. This is what is causing my system not to work. But I don't also understand why my hardcoded number 9497258438 is not working.

This code has been working for years did sometime change with the syntax?

cmd.ActiveConnection = cn

cmd.CommandText = "IVR_LOG_CREATE_CALL_RECORD"

cmd.CommandType = 4

cmd.Parameters.Refresh

cmd.Parameters("@pDNIS").Value = "$RV_DNIS"

Paul

From traces it looks like the scripts you have are set to "Start without answering the call", and as CallerID data arrives a split second after the initial offering event you have the first few modules of your script executing before the Caller ID arrives. Some of these first few modules try to evaluate the CID and DNIS and evaluation cannot be made as the CallerID/DNIS is not available.

In the call we looked at we can see that the CallerID arrives just before the script gets to the module - so the CallerId data is used in the Email module, but not the previous ones.

So looks like the problem is caused by a timing issue with the CallerID arrival - the more recent version being faster at running the VG scripts then the previous version.

Deselecting the "Start without answering the call" option should fix things. Alternatively you can add a module/loop in script that waits until CallerID arrives before continuing.

Thank you very much. It's 2:25 AM and I just put back version 7.05 and its fine. I knew about the delay for the caller id but I did not think it impacted the DNIS. (We have been running your platform since March 2006 and have never added the delay) I will try this tomorrow. The other problem which I noticed with that V7.09x will not place a call. I hardcoded a number in there and it instantly stops. The 9999x number you saw was my system responding to a DNIS of 0000. Any tips on why it won't dial out? This is the most disturbing part.

It is running on Windows Server 2003. My goal by upgrading to the newer version, besides the "You have a caller on the phone" Message, is to build our out click to call. So the outdial info should be in SQL. Do you think that outdial feature standard in 7.09 is not working for 2003 server?

I appreciate the great turn around though I just wish it worked seemlessly over 7.05. You have added a lot to the config line file, should I just cut an past my working config.xml the code between <channels> when I test tomorrow?

Last question. do you have a sample CLICK to CALL Script?

Paul

This update has a fix in it that ensures that on ISDN systems the CallerID is fully received before the "Start without answering the call" is done: [old link removed]
Please update system to above version and see if you can now run your script without modifications.

Regarding the phone nhumebr trace shows that module [TransferToPHone] has 1$RV[PHONE] specified as phone number, so number is not hard coded but just reflects what is in the $RV[PHONE]

003036.131 6 67 rv replace start: [1$RV[PHONE]]
003036.131 6 67 rvns: [PathSysVoice]{}[PathApp]{C:\Program Files\VoiceGuide\}[PathDataVm]{C:\Program Files\VoiceGuide\data\}[PathVgSys]{C:\Program Files\VoiceGuide\system\}[scriptPath]{C:\Program Files\VoiceGuide\Scripts\TheyCalled\}[scriptsPath]{C:\Program Files\VoiceGuide\Scripts\TheyCalled\}[$RV_STARTTIME]{2009-03-10 00:30:29}[$RV_DEVICEID]{67}[DlgcVoice]{dxxxB6C3}[DlgcNetwork]{dtiB1T23}[PathApp]{C:\Program Files\VoiceGuide\}[scriptsPath]{C:\Program Files\VoiceGuide\Scripts\TheyCalled\}[start_Input]{""="9492169780"}[start]{False}[bogus_Input]{left("",5)="36188"}[bogus]{False}[C3_Input]{""="8464"}[C3]{False}[CALLID]{16986}[PHONE]{9999999999}{ppacun@meiotic.com}[A
NNOUNCE]{TheyCalled.wav}[NAME]{Paul Pacun}[Working_Input]{"ppacun@meiotic.com="ppacun@meiotic.com"}[Working]{}{ppacun@meiotic.com}[Email_Subject]{You have a "TheyCalled" caller on the phone}[Email_Message]{Paul Pacun,You have just recieved a call from a potential client at "9498706940".To hear this call and learn about the caller please log into .... It is possible that you are viewing this email before the call has completed or have released the recording of the call so check back if the recording is not available. Customer Supportwww.TheyCalled.comWe make every call count}[Email_Attachment]{}[Email_Cc]{}[Email_Bcc]{ppacun@meiotic.com}[Email_Send
Result]{ok}[DNIS_Input]{"8464"="0520" or "8464"="520"}[DNIS]{False}
003036.131 6 67 rv replace end: [19999999999]
003036.131 6 67 stateMonitored Dial and Connect to 19999999999

The new versions will not overwrite your Config.xml. There is no need to include the new Config.xml sections to the Config.xml that you use (unless you want to use the newly accessible settings).

A Click to Call would just result in an outbound call being loaded into the Dialer. Your webs server would need to do the loading of the call. One option to look at if you use ASP is to call Dialer_OutDialQueAdd though the WCF interface. But saving the OutDial XML file is easiest.

Hi,

I have tried the new verson. Look at the bottom of the log files. I have changed to not pick up before answering,, added delays but still no DNIS. Please advise.

Paul

0310_2017_vgEngine.zip

Very important. It appears that an issue resovled in v7.05 is back in v7.09. When you dial out and transfer, if the orignal line hangs up the outgoing (2nd call) should drop immediately. I noticed that it waits for the timeout. In click to class hanging up the instant the orignator of the call is goine is a very good thing.

Please update system to this version and see if this fixes the DNIS issue: [old link removed]

Please make trace with this new version demonstrating the "instant-hangup" issue and .ZIP up and post the trace and indicate the time of call so that we can find the right call in the trace.

HI,

The file is not there

[old link removed] does not exist.

Paul

HI,

THis install worked and the DNIS is working. The 2nd line is not dropping when the original call hangsup. This was fixed in 7.05 so hopefully you can look at the trace logs and figure this out. It is the only call I have made this I rebooted the server, around 1207.

0313_ktTel.zip

This version should hangup the outgoing leg of the call immediately: [old link removed]

Please post traces as before if you encounter any issues.