VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Trying To Fax A Pdf

I'm trying to fax a PDF. I installed GS and the help said to install to c:\program files\voice guide\bin.
I did that and it made a gs directory there installed GS. I tried to send a PDF, no luck, so I copied from the gs.864/bin directory below that up to the voice guide/bin/gs directory. I attached a screen shot and log. Is there something I'm missing? I started a new post for this, you will see the same question on my other fax thread.

0101_1006_vgEngine.txt

Could not find any .pdf files in the attached log. Please advise time and telephone number of call so that know where in the trace to look.

In version of VoiceGuide that you are using a fax is sent using a Play module. Trace shows that you are not sending a fax from within a Play module.

Hm. OK. I saw another post that was using the XML tag <OnAnswerFax> and that works fine with .tif files. I stared with a play module to send .tif, but once I saw that the xml tag worked I tried that with the .xml file since that is easier for me to generate and use.

I'll go back to using a play module and let you know if that works for pdf.

I noticed that the dialogic driver was having problems with something? I uninstalled the dialogic 6.0 rebooted reinstalled rebooted and vg still won't dial out. It will receive fine.

The outbound dialing related questions should really be placed in another thread as this not a fax related issue.

"delete from callque" is not sufficient to delete all call information. If you are going to issue SQL statements to the database please familiarize yourself with the tables in the database first. More information on the table is also here: http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/source/ht...rnal_config.htm

At this stage suggest you just stop VG and delete the database file: C:\Program Files\VoiceGuide\data\vgDb.vdb3 and then start VG again. VG will then recreate the database.

That fixed my outbound issue after deleting callque. Thanks, I was desparate after vg trying to dial over and over. If that happens again I know what to do.

Also how about environment variables? I added the GS bin and lib to the PATH env variable, but that didn't seem to make a difference.

Please try with this new version of VoiceGuide:[old link removed]

In this new version you can specify the .PDF file in the "Fax" field of the outgoing call entry and the GhostScript fiels need to be placed in VG's \gs\ subdirectory. eg: C:\Program Files\VoiceGuide\gs\

I installed this VG on top of what I have and I still don't see a c:\Program Files\VoiceGuide\gs folder.

Should I create it?

Also, you are saying that I can now use the <OnAnswerFax> xml tag in the outdial_new.xml file?

Thanks.

I still don't see a c:\Program Files\VoiceGuide\gs folder.

Should I create it?

Yes.

Also, you are saying that I can now use the <OnAnswerFax> xml tag in the outdial_new.xml file?

Yes, and you can now specify a .PDF file directly in the OnAnswerFax field.

Faxing a PDF works with the 0218 version. I did have to copy the exe's and dll's from the c:\program files\voiceguide\gs\gs8.64\bin folder to the c:\program files\voiceguide\gs folder, but after that it works fine.

Thanks!

Hello, good day

Why does everytime I attempt to fax a PDF, VG converts it to tif before sending? is that the same case as yours?

thanks a lot!!!!

Faxes are only sent in CCITT 3 tiff file formats. This is simply the format that the fax is sent in. So to send any document, it goes via this format, thus the need for conversion. It is not like an email attachment where it could be sent in binary.