VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Trying To Use Oracle - Getting Error

It looks like you are trying to use Oracle as the database engine to use for the OutDial table etc. correct?

From log file it looks like the default SQL commands from C:\Program Files\VoiceGuide\system\setup\Db_Create.sql are not accepted by Oracle and the automatic table creation fails. Log shows that the Oracle ADO.NET provider returns error: "ORA-00911: invalid character"

Can you try taking the SQL commands from C:\Program Files\VoiceGuide\system\setup\Db_Create.sql and running them within Oracle itself to see which character Oracle complains about.

Once you have found what the problems is then we'd suggest you create a Db_Create_Oracle.DataAccess.Client.sql file which contains the version of Db_Create's SQL commands that are accepted by Oracle, and then restart VG to let VG create the tables itself.

General comments on creating database specific setup files are in this Help file topic: http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/source/ht...rnal_config.htm

Which version of Oracle are you using?

I tried making my oracle sql file and I tried running it to create tables and that works fine, but VG does not like it. VG will also not create the tables on it's own, it gets an invalid character for some reason. See attached. Also in Oracle "START" is a reserved word, so I had to quote it (for cdrout and cdrin).

0206_2314_vgEngine.txt

Db_Create.txt

Which version of Oracle are you using? Can we download an evaluation version of it to setup on our test systems?

Do the Oracle logs indicate on which line/command does the "ORA-00911: invalid character" error occur?

Also have you tried using a single quote around the Start column name instead of the double quote?

To track down the cause of the "ORA-00911: invalid character" error you could try starting with a very simple Db_Create_Oracle.DataAccess.Client.sql file, and gradually adding to it to see at which stage the Oracle engine reports an error.

I'm still not able to make it work with Oracle. It seems to connect via odbc OK, but nothing else. It won't create the tables. I'm not sure why it is getting the error.

I can run the create script in oracle and it creates the tables fine. But even if I do that, it still is not able to use them.

Ideas?

0301_1113_vgEngine.txt

0301_1107_vgEngine.txt

Searching for:

ORA-00911: invalid character

on Google brings up a number of pages. Some of them say that ";" is an invalid character so maybe you could try removing the semicolon from the end of the SQL statements.

I changed the ; to / and it still gives me this error. Running it in Oracle directly works fine and creates the tables.

Is there more detailed logging somewhere that will show where the error is comming from?

I want to see the exact statement that is generating the error. I tried odbc logging, but it doesn't show anything, almost like odbc isn't being used to connect?

Ideas?

Have you tried removing the ; instead of changing it to / ?

Is there more detailed logging somewhere that will show where the error is cumming from?

Oracle logs should show this information It's Oracle that returns the error so its Oracles responsibility to indicate why it is returning an error.

I want to see the exact statement that is generating the error. I tried odbc logging, but it doesn't show anything, almost like odbc isn't being used to connect?

You are using the ADO.NET driver for Oracle, not ODBC. ODBC driver would still not know why Oracle returns the error.

You may want to speak to Oracle or an Oracle programmer to resolve this.

Sorry, I didn't see your question about downloading Oracle. I thought you had used it there.

You can go to oracle.com and download a fully working copy.

You will have to sign up to get a free account, but that's all.

The download will be about a gig or so.

You sill need a pc that has at least a 1g of ram. The DB will use about 200m or so of ram and plan about 2g of space

It's fairly easy to install.

Let me know how far you get.