VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Voiceguide App. For Home Use - Will This Work?

I would like to develop an app. for use at my home and was wondering if voiceguide might work. I would like to do the following:

-filter calls based on caller id - assuming there would be some sort of blacklist/whitelist

-announce callers via a computers speakers.

-record calls and messages with date and time stamp

I would like the system/board to connect my home phone to the incoming call if it is not blacklisted and also display the caller ID info. I'm guessing that an older 2 line analog dialogic board might work (like a D/41 ESC). My question is: can voiceguide do this? If so, can I do this with only a single phone line by plugging the incoming phone line into 1 port of the dialogic board and my cordless phone into the other? Any help is appreciated.

-filter calls based on caller id - assuming there would be some sort of blacklist/whitelist

Yes.

-announce callers via a computers speakers.

Fine if you are running VoiceGuide v6, but could be a bit tricky if you are using v7, not sure if the sound will play is started from a Windows Service.

-record calls and messages with date and time stamp

Yes.

I'm guessing that an older 2 line analog dialogic board might work (like a D/41 ESC)

Yes. If using an older card like D/41ESC then you will be using v6 anyway.

If so, can I do this with only a single phone line by plugging the incoming phone line into 1 port of the dialogic board

Yes.

and my cordless phone into the other?

You cannot just plug a phone into a Dialogic card. Phone LINES yes, phones no.

You should just get a line splitter, and have your cordless phone on silent (no ring). Then when PC plays the sound you pick up the phone and talk with caller and VG hangs up soon (20 secs?) after.

>You cannot just plug a phone into a Dialogic card. Phone LINES yes, phones no.

>You should just get a line splitter, and have your cordless phone on silent (no ring). Then when PC plays the sound you pick up the phone and talk with caller and >VG hangs up soon (20 secs?) after.

OK I think I understand what you're saying. The only problem is that I wouldn't be able to hear the computer from all my phone extensions in the house. So 2 lines would be necessary to connect the call to my cordless base phone and its extensions. I guess I would have to buy a 4 line license as well. Thanks for your reply.