VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

H323 And Voiceguide

I have just installed VoiceGuide v7 to run with my cisco call manager ver 6.0.1 running the VoIP/HMP option that I selected during the install. I also installed Dialogic HMP software 3.0.255 (which i did install first) with the service started and running. I configured a H323 gateway on the call manager and utilized a route pattern to send four digits across over to the IVR. By default according to the documentation that the config.xml file should support H323 automatically. I have the VG running and looking at the channel it says waiting for an incoming call. Every time i dial the 4 digit extension though i just get a fast busy. I am attaching the config.xml and the logs that were generated. Just started with VG today and I am attaching what I seem to think are the traces/logs. I do see my extension being passed over but I see some errors in there that I am not sure of.

0122_1604_vgEngine.txt

0122_ktTel.txt

0122_ktTts.txt

The errors that you see in traces are reporting that ports VoIP 2,3 and 4 could not be opened. Most likely that is because you are still using the 1 port HMP license and did not apply HMP's 4 port evaluation license.

Have you tried registering with the the CallManger's H.323 Gateway/keeper?

Try using something like below, with 1.2.3.4 replaced the IP address of the CallManager, and 1111 replaced by the extension number you want to be associated with VoiceGuide.

<VoIP_Registration>

<Display>CallManager</Display>

<Protocol>H323</Protocol>

<RegServer>1.2.3.4</RegServer>

<RegClient>1111</RegClient>

<LocalAlias>1111</LocalAlias>

</VoIP_Registration>

You are correct that I am running the evaluation 1 port license. I did download the 4 port license but right now I just want to get it working.

Not sure what you mean about registering the H323 Gateway. In Call manager, you create the H323 gateway and then you assign a pattern so that incoming calls have a way to get over to the VG system. I have created the gateway and created a pattern to flow over to the VG.

I will try the recommendations below in the config.xml file and see if that is of any help.

Same issue. I even installed everything from scratch in a VM box. I get about a 2-3 second delay the first time and then I get a fast busy. I did change the config.xml to the specifications below still though is not working. Any further ideas?

Matt

This is the portion of the config. I also looked at wireshark and i see prt 1720 coming in from my ccm. Not too sure where else to go.

<Channels>

<Channel>

<Device_Voice>dxxxB1C1</Device_Voice>

<Device_Network>iptB1T1</Device_Network>

<Device_Media>ipmB1C1</Device_Media>

<Protocol>IP</Protocol>

<script>C:\Program Files\VoiceGuide\Scripts\Credit Card Payment\Credit Card Payment.vgs</Script>

<AllowDialOut>1</AllowDialOut>

</Channel>

<VoIP_Registrations>

<VoIP_Registration>

<Display>CCM</Display>

<Protocol>H323</Protocol>

<RegServer1>10.140.80.11</RegServer1>

<RegServer></RegServer>

<RegClient>3318</RegClient>

<LocalAlias>3318</LocalAlias>

</VoIP_Registration>

In Call manager, you create the H323 gateway and then you assign a pattern so that incoming calls have a way to get over to the VG system. I have created the gateway and created a pattern to flow over to the VG.

So you have setup in Cisco CallManager so that calls to certain number go to an IP address specified by you (VoiceGuide's IP address)?

Can you please start a WireShark trace before starting VoiceGuide, then start VoiceGuide and attempt a call into the system. Stop the WireShark trace dafter you get fast busy and .ZIP up and post the trace here. Also .ZIP up and post the VoiceGuide traces.

You are correct. I have a pattern of 3318 that points over to the VG ip address via h323. This is the normal way to interface a H323 gateway. I have set this up before with Fax servers utilizing the same configuration.

I have attached the traces. The ip address of the call manager is 10.140.80.11 and I am calling extension 3318 from extension 3540.

Hope this gets you pointed in the right direction as to what my problem is.

Matt

H323_Trace.zip

0123_0852_vgEngine.zip

What is the IP address of machine on which VoiceGuide is installed? 10.140.51.218 ?

Looks like the Cisco Call manager is sending non-standard information in it's call setup packet, and HMP just releases the call as it does not know what to do with it.

Are you able to setup this system to have Cisco function as a H.323 Gateway and have VoiceGuide register itself as an extension on the gateway? The route that you have setup may be intended to be used for routing calls to other Cisco devices only, not generic H.323 devices. Have you been able to use any generic H.323 devices (eg: SJ Softphone, ePhony, etc) to answer the calls sent to this system by Cisco?

I attach the relevant packets from your trace as well as an example of HMP/VoiceGuide answering a direct H.323 call.

WireSharkTraces.zip

I have taken this over from Matt and have additional info.

I have configured SJPhone as an H.323 endpoint and have successfully received a call from CCM on the extension I defined. When I fire up Vg with the same configuration, I get the following message in the ktTel log when the call comes in:

162408.328 3492   3 ev    GCEV_DISCONNECTED crn=08000001=134217729
162408.328 3492   3       GCEV_DISCONNECTED : gcValue=68(0x44), gcMsg=[invalid parameter], ccLibId=8, ccLibName=[GC_H3R_LIB], ccValue=0x5, ccMsg=[iPERR_BAD_PARAM], additionalInfo=[]
162408.328 3492   3       CTelProxy::Event_CallState LINECALLSTATE_DISCONNECTED iLineCallState=16384, hCall=134217729 m_pktTelProxyClient=00691AC4
162408.328 3492   3 raise CallState LINECALLSTATE_DISCONNECTED

What does this error mean? SJPhone has virtually no configuration settings other than the IP address of the Call Manager, so I do not know what settings should or should not be set in VoiceGuide config.

Can you post WireShark traces (.ZIPed) capturing the SJPhone startup and receiving of a call, and a trace of VoiceGuide startup and the attempted call to VoiceGuide.

Some progress. Looking at the CCM configuration, I see that Matt had set up the VG device as an H.323 gateway. I changed this to H.323 phone. Still doesn't work, but the attached Wireshark trace now shows that there is a fair amount of negotation going on between VG and CCM, yet VG refuses the openLogicalChannel request from CCM. The trace is attached.

Failed_VG_Inbound_Filtered.zip

Could you please .ZIP and post VoiceGuide's ktTel trace which captures the attempted call.

Best to do this:

Stop VG.

Delete old log files from VG's \log\ subdirectory.

Start VG.

Start WireShark.

Attempt a call into VoiceGuide.

Stop WireShark and save the H.323 extract as before.

.ZIP up all traces created in VG's \log\ subdirectory.

Post the WireShark extract and VG traces.

Is there an update on this? I have my app all built in the trial version, but I can't buy licenses until this issue is resolved.

We are still looking into this. The call setup packet from Cisco is a bit different then usual and we need to see how to setup HMP to accept calls from a source that sends such call setup packets.

Thanks for the update. Please let me know if you need any additional logs or traces from me.

Please update your system to this version of VoiceGuide: [old link removed]

Please post traces as before if you still encounter problems.

Getting closer, I think. Before, I would get a fast busy when calling VG through CCM. Now I get a hangup and Cisco Call manager says "Phone out of service". This time, along with the VG traces, I've also attached a Wireshark trace of a successful call to SJPhone on the same machine, which tells me that I have CCM set up properly now.

VG_022509_Traces.zip

Could you please update your system to this version of VoiceGuide: [old link removed] and if calls are still not being answered by this new version please run the below test:

1. Stop VoiceGuide
2. Download http://www.voiceguide.com/release/ipms_h323_test.zip
3. Unzip the downloaded file in a new directory
4. From DOS prompt go to this new directory and start IPMediaServer.exe
5. Place a call into system.

Please capture and post the WireShark trace from above IPMediaServer.exe test if it does not answer calls, or advise if it did.

Hooray, this version worked! Thanks for sticking with me on this.

Now that I can go ahead with my purchase, I need to know which HMP components I need to buy licenses for. I'm not faxing, I don't think I need conferencing, but which of the rest (RTP, IP Call Control, Multimedia, G711, Speech Integration, Voice) do I need? Perhaps this should be a FAQ on your site.

The basic HMP licenses required are:

DMIPS10I30W IP call control

DMIPS10R30W RTP G.711

DMIPS10V30W Voice

Please contact sales@voiceguide.com for pricing on HMP licenses.