VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Script Only Runs Once

Hi,

I am trying the trial version of voiceguide and I am considering to get a license. However there is one problem:

Everytime I start voiceguide the state of the line device stays on 'Initializing...' And I have to click the hangup button to get it to the 'waiting for a call...' state.

Then when the script gets at the 'Hangup call' module after the first call, it stays in the 'Hangup up call...' state and I can never call it again until I restart voiceguide.

Even when I click the hangup button I can't make any more calls. The phone just keeps ringing.

1. So how can I get the IVR to get into the 'waiting for a call...' state automatically after rebooting without having to press the hungup button.

2. Why can't I call the IVR again after the first time I have called it? And how to fix this problem?

Which version of VoiceGudie are you using? Are you using a Dialogic card on this system?

Could you please post a copy of VoiceGuide's Trace Logs which captures the sysem startup and the calls, this will allow us to see what happened.

Enable logging by setting the log levels to 10 in VG.INI as per below:

[Log]

VoiceGuide=10

CallLoader=0

VoicemailManager=0

EmailSender=0

ktTel=10

ktTts=0

Then restart VG and make the test calls.

Trace files will be created in VG's \log\ subdirectory.

Please post the traces and the VoiceGuide script used.

When posting traces/scripts please .ZIP them up and post them as attachments.

Was VoiceGuide setup to open two devices (lines)? The trace suggests that two devices were being opened.

Please run the Configuration Wizard again and set it up to only open use device: the "GVC 33.6K External, Voice, Speakerphone Modem PnP".

This may fix the problem at startup.

Not sure why this system is not resetting the line at end of call though. There are no obvious errors in the trace. If the above fixes the problem at but you still have problems after end of call please post traces again and we will look at them again.

Ultimately using a voice modem will not give you a reliable system anyway, so it may not be worthwhile trying to get this working beyond a 'proof-of-concept' stage. To get a reliable system you should really look at using a Dialogic card.

Selecting only the GVC device solved the problem. Voiceguide now waits for calls at startup and waits for calls after hangup.

Thank you for your assistance.