VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Caller Id

Hi,

I am having problem with my caller ID display. The caller phone number does not appear in full. Example if a caller is calling with the number 1234567890 , the number i get in caller ID viewer may sometime be 56789, or 2346. The maximum number of digit I have received so far is 5 digits. I will need some help if there is any setting that can be done for me to retrieve the full caller ID number.

VoiceGuide just displays what the Dialogic card has detected. It is unusual for the Dialogic card to only detect a part of the CallerID. It is as if the Telephone company does not send the CallerID reliably...

Are you using an external CallerID reporting device to check the CallerID? Is it reporting the same that you see in VoiceGuide? If yes then its a good idea to contact the telephone company regarding this.

Thank you for your response. The external device I am using is a fixed wireles gsm terminal . the numbers come in full but it is not registered fully in voice, just a part. so when i see an incoming call i quickly run to the device to write the number down. so i dont know if there is any setting that i do to stop this problem. thank you.

So the number appears in full on the GSM terminal itself? Or do you have a CallerID device attached to the line that goes between the GSM terminal and the Dialogic card?

If you do not have a separate CallerID device then we'd suggest you attach a CallerID detection device and see what this CallerID device reports.

the number appears on the gsm terminal itself in full and i do not have a caller Id detection device because I dont think it will be of any use as the caller ID is displayed clearly in full on the GSM terminal. is there anywhere with the dialogic configuration (dcm) I can set to detect the caller id in full?

A CallerID device attached to the connection between the GSM device and the Dialogic card will give you independent verification whether the GSM device is actually sending the full CallerID information.

The Dialogic card displays all of the CallerID information that it detects, it does not truncate any CallerID data.

Using the external CallerID device will tell you whether you should complain to the GSM device supplier or to Dialogic.