VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Broadcast Remotely Recorded Voice Message

Sandro wrote:

Will your system allow a remotely recorded voice message to be broadcast to external phone numbers ?

Example:

I dial into my office phone and leave a message that I want sent out to my staff on their cell phones ?

VoiceGuide can do what you describe, and is used in a number of similar applications already.

Please see our WWW from where you can download the fully working evaluation version of the software. The demonstrations supplied will get you running in a matter of minutes.

There are a number of ways of setting up the system you describe:

Approach 1:

Assign each staff member a voicemail box - and specify the forwarding telephone number for each voicemail box. Then set up another voicemail box and configure it to copy the messages recorded in that new voicemail box to all the staff's voicemail boxes. This way whenever the message is recorded into that 'broadcasting' voicemail box it will be copied to all the staff's voicemail boxes, and then the voicemail system will dial out to all the individual phone numbers and will deliver the message.

Approach 2:

Use a series of "Send Phone Message" modules to queue calls to the specified phone numbers - and in the "Script" field just specify the sound file recorded earlier. You will need to use Result Variables to specify the previously recorded sound file - please see the VG Help file for more information on Result Variables.