VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Require Running/testing Scripts On The Evaluation Version

I have installed the VoiceGuide_7.0.8_1 evaluation version successfully. Also I have downloaded the demo licence and have provided it in the [HMP licence manager].

As per the directions while changing the licence details, I have also followed [Restore Defualts] and [start System] command in [Dialogic Product Configuration Manager]. The [Line Status Monitor] shows me four devices waiting for the call.

Now I want [C:\Program Files\VoiceGuide\Scripts\New Created ScriptFiles\test1.vgs] (the script file which seems to be installed while evaluation version is installed) to be tested. Please suggest what steps I need to do further to test it.

Edit VoiceGuide's Config.xml file (in VoiceGuide's /config/ subdirectory) to have the lines use the C:\Program Files\VoiceGuide\Scripts\New Created ScriptFiles\test1.vgs script as the starting script. The default starting script specified there initially is the Credit card demo script.

Then just dial the VoiceGuide systems IP address from a VoIP phone (or softphone on another computer).

You can of course also have VoiceGuide register itself with a VoIP provider (see Help file for instructions), but simplest way to test is to just dial the IP address.

If you have any problems establishing the VoIP call then you can use WireShark to trace the SIP messages.

Today I am not being able to see the 4 records of available lines (Saying waiting for call) which I could see yesterday in the "Voice Guide Line Status Monitor (VGLSM) ". In the Dialogc Configuraiton manager I restored the default settings and restarted the DCM system as suggested, also while choosing the firmware I selecteedd the firmware identical to the name of the licence key file. DCM as well as the VoiceGuide IVR starts successfylly but the Lines not being shown in the VGLSM.

You Say:---You can of course also have VoiceGuide register itself with a VoIP provider (see Help file for instructions), but simplest way to test is to just dial the IP address.

Here do you want to say that I need not update the following in the Config.xml. These are already blank:

<VoIP_Registrations>

<VoIP_Registration>

<Display></Display>

<Protocol></Protocol>

<RegServer1></RegServer1>

<RegServer></RegServer>

<RegClient></RegClient>

<LocalAlias></LocalAlias>

</VoIP_Registration>

</VoIP_Registrations>

<VoIP_Authentications>

<VoIP_Authentication>

<Display></Display>

<Realm></Realm>

<Identity></Identity>

<AuthUsername></AuthUsername>

<AuthPassword></AuthPassword>

</VoIP_Authentication>

</VoIP_Authentications>

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Secondly, can you please suggest as how to configure the VOIP phones. I have downloaded the 3CX VOIP Client and not being able to get that how to call using it. Also which number to dial using the VOIP client to get IVR attending it? Please suggest, what details I need to fill/provide if I want to call using the VOIP provider (or any other) in VOIP.

Could you please post a copy of VoiceGuide's Trace Logs which captures the system startup, this will allow us to see what is happening on this system.

Trace files are created in VG's \log\ subdirectory.

When posting traces/scripts please .ZIP them up and post them as attachments.

For the Softphone recommend you use SJPhone from SJLabs: http://www.sjlabs.com/

SJPhone allows you to dial the IP address directly. Recommend you just do that initially to test the system. It's the simplest way to test the system and you do not need to make any changes to Config.xml. Once you have that working then you can try registering extensions with VoIP provider of your choice.

Trace shows that the Dialogic HMP drivers returned errors when VoiceGuide issued the command to start the system. The HMP then returned errors to the following 'open line' commands issued by VoiceGuide. From the ktTel log:

121201.531 2188 ERROR gc_start : gcValue=140(0x8c), gcMsg=[The start procedure of a call control library failed], ccLibId=0, ccLibName=[GLOBALCALL], ccValue=0x8c, ccMsg=[The start procedure of a call control library failed], additionalInfo=[]

121201.859 2188 ERROR gc_OpenEx : gcValue=144(0x90), gcMsg=[GlobalCall not started], ccLibId=0, ccLibName=[GLOBALCALL], ccValue=0x90, ccMsg=[GlobalCall not started], additionalInfo=[]

121202.031 2188 ERROR gc_OpenEx : gcValue=144(0x90), gcMsg=[GlobalCall not started], ccLibId=0, ccLibName=[GLOBALCALL], ccValue=0x90, ccMsg=[GlobalCall not started], additionalInfo=[]

121202.218 2188 ERROR gc_OpenEx : gcValue=144(0x90), gcMsg=[GlobalCall not started], ccLibId=0, ccLibName=[GLOBALCALL], ccValue=0x90, ccMsg=[GlobalCall not started], additionalInfo=[]

from the vgEngine log:

121201.859 6 0 ERROR LineOpen failed for iIvrDev=1, <port>1</port>

121202.031 6 0 ERROR LineOpen failed for iIvrDev=2, <port>2</port>

121202.218 6 0 ERROR LineOpen failed for iIvrDev=3, <port>3</port>

121202.406 6 0 ERROR LineOpen failed for iIvrDev=4, <port>4</port>

What sort of hardware is this system installed on? Is Intel CPU used?

Which version of HMP drivers is used?

Intel pentiup dual CPU is used

The HMP drivers installed is [HMP3.0SU233]

Can I check reinstalling the HMP drivers? Would I be able to use the same licence file in that case?

Also I have successfully installed SJPhone and being able to talk on SJPhone from 2 different PC's.

Would I be able to use the same licence file in that case?

Yes, you can use the same HMP license again. The HMP evaluation license just expires on a certain date.

Regarding HMP, before starting it ensure that no other VoIP applications are running on this system Other VoIP apps running on the same system can result in the HMP not being able to start as it cannot open the IP port used by SIP.

You says:

Regarding HMP, before starting it ensure that no other VoIP applications are running on this system Other VoIP apps

running on the same system can result in the HMP not being able to start as it cannot open the IP port used by SIP.

It seems that this was the reson I was not being able to see the lines in the VG Line ststus monitor.

Now I am being able to see the lines as well as can make the call to IVR.

Thanks for your kind support.

Now further I need to check that how the IVR aplication would ask for a Product ID (some number) which needs to be sent to some IP interface, which in turn returns the stock available for that ID and will tell that figure to the caller. For that I am referring the voice guide script designer.

You says:

Regarding HMP, before starting it ensure that no other VoIP applications are running on this system Other VoIP apps

running on the same system can result in the HMP not being able to start as it cannot open the IP port used by SIP.

It seems that this was the reson I was not being able to see the lines in the VG Line ststus monitor.

Now I am being able to see the lines as well as can make the call to IVR.

Thanks for letting us know how this isse was resolved.

Your followup question was moved to this thread: http://voiceguide.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=5980 as it was a new question on a new topic.