VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Different Announcement

I would like to do the following:

Play Question1

Announce the question "We would like to ask you some questions about XYZ. Using a scale of 0 to 10 where 0 means Poor and 10 means Excellent, how would you rate XYZ in each of the following areas:"

Play Get Number1:

Play the 1st attribute

And this is where I am stuck... I want to allow for a pause, if nothing is entered, I want the "Get Number1" module to say "On a scale of 0-10, where 0 means Poor and 10 means Excellent, how would you rate, 1st attribute"?

Not exactly what I was asking but I figured out I can jump to another module on timeout and then jump back to the 1st attribute.

On another note: What happens when the Retires is set to "0" on Get Numbers. If I want it to continue to re-try over an over is there a special setting. Does setting the retry to something like 2 only try the question twice and then hang-up?

What happens when the Retires is set to "0" on Get Numbers.

If caller does not start entering something within about 5 seconds of the message finishing playing then the system will take the "Fail" path if it is defined, or hangup if the Fail path is not defined.

If I want it to continue to re-try over an over is there a special setting.

Keep playing "Please enter a number" over and over when ther is no response from caller? You can just increase the number of retries, but anything above about 5 retries may be pointless...

Does setting the retry to something like 2 only try the question twice and then hang-up?

Original play + 2 retries = 3 times the actual question is played.