VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Ports And Lines

I'm running VG7 and have an "Enterprise+Dialer, 4 lines" license. I have 4 physical analog lines runing to ports 1-4 on the back of the card (Intel Dialogic D120JCT-LS Card). When I test the physical lines, 1 and 2 pick up on devices B1C1 and B1C3 respectively, while physical lines 3 and 4 give me "howler mode" error signal (line is "off the hook"). Swapping out the physical lines get me the same results reversed (logical result). So now I have a question and a confirmation request.

I deduce, based on the results that VG designates the physical Dialogic ports as port 1 == B1C1 and C2, port 2 == B1C3 and C4, port 3 == B1C5 and C6, port 4 == B1C7 and C8, port 5 == B1C9 and C10, and port 6 == B1C11 and C12. Is this correct?

I'm trying to get all 4 analog lines to work under VG. With the default VG installation settings, I get the results listed above (first two analog lines work, second two lines are "off the hook". I tried modifying the Config.xml to use B1C1, B1C3, B1C5, B1C7 gave the same results with the exception that nothing showed up in the Line Status Monitor above B1C4. Is my license restricting me to only using ports 1 and 2 (devices B1C1 through B1C4)? Do I need to either increase the number of lines on my license or get two lines on each physical analog cable?

Please let me know if more info or explanation is needed.

-Doug

Have a look at the wiring instructions pamphlet that should have come with the D/120JCT. The D/120JCT has RJ14 sockets, and each RJ14 socket has two lines on it, not one. That is why the 6 sockets on the back of the D/120JCT can accommodate 12 lines.

First socket has lines 1 and 2, second socket has lines 3 and 4, etc.

When you plug a normal single connection (RJ11 wired) cable into 3rd socket you are actually attaching to line 5 on the card.

You will need to get new cables for your D/120JCT.

Workaround alternative is to change which lines on the card VoiceGuide opens, and have VoiceGuide open the Dialogic lines 1, 3, 5 and 7 (edit the Config.xml to do this) but the right solution is to get the phone lines cabled up right to the card.