VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Trying To Run A File, Failing

Hello,

I'm trying to run a file using the Run module from within voiceguide. Every attempt to run the file fails. Originally the file was a batch file, but read that batch files may not work, i even tried to use a shortcut.lnk to the batch file as recommended with no success. So I converted the file to an .exe file, verified that it still works correctly, and then attempted with the executable file. No luck. I've also tried to call the file using a VBS script instead of the run command and it to is not working. Anyone help would be appreciated, I have a deadline to have this system in place and this is the last piece that i cannot figure out to make it work.

Thanks in advance!

-Burr

Could you please post a copy of VoiceGuide's Trace Logs which captures the problem, this will allow us to see what happened.

Enable logging by setting the log levels to 10 in VG.INI as per below:

[Log]

VoiceGuide=10

CallLoader=0

VoicemailManager=0

EmailSender=0

ktTel=10

ktTts=0

Then restart VG and make a test call which demonstrates the problem.

Trace files will be created in VG's \log\ subdirectory.

Please post the traces and the VoiceGuide script used.

When posting traces/scripts please .ZIP them up and post them as attachments.

Trace shows that the program was started with no errors and that when VoiceGuide checked a second later the program completed running.

Suggest adding some tracing to the called program (logging to file ot message boxes etc.) to confirm what is happening when the program is running.

Also would be good for program to create a result file or call the Run_ResultReturn function.

If using a Run VBScript module the tracing can be done using the Admin_TraceLogAdd function.

082043.53 52 state [Run Program] Run Program

082043.53 52 run=d:\Convert\broadcast.exe, window=NormalNoFocus, wait=1

082043.55 52 Run Program waiting... (shellid=2676, process=4448)

082043.55 52 timer set 1 EV_TIMEOUT_CHECKONSTATE

082044.56 52 timer fired EV_TIMEOUT_CHECKONSTATE

082044.56 52 event EV_TIMEOUT_CHECKONSTATE, iCode=9007 state=1501

082044.56 52 LsRunWaitTillFinished EV_TIMEOUT_CHECKONSTATE,EV_TIMEOUT_CHECKONSTATE

082044.56 52 path {EV_TIMEOUT_CHECKONSTATE} not found

082044.56 52 task completed (shellid=2676, process=4448) vgm=4, iRunWait=1, iRunWait_ExeResult_NextVgm=0

082044.58 52 no result file returned from program (VGRUNRESULT_52.TXT or SHLRESLT.TXT)

Here's what I'm trying to do. Maybe there is a better way to do it.

I have a number setup for employees to call in when we have a system outage. This allows them to record a message and i have a list of cell phone numbers that voiceguide is to call and play the recorded message. I can call in, record the message, but when I run the file in a module to make the call blast to call these numbers, that file is not working. When I run the file by clicking on it from windows explorer, it calls the numbers and plays the recorded message just fine, just having an issue with voiceguide running that file. Is there a better way for me to accomplish this?

I finally figured out how to make it work. Instead of using the run module to call the executable file, i used a VBS script and just used that to call the command that the batch file was running, so now there was no need for the executable or the batch file. Thanks for the help!

OK, thanks for letting us know how you resolved the problem.

Sometimes it's necessary to for the home directory to be set to that the called program expects. Otherwise it cannot find the data files. A solution fore that is to ensure is that the called program uses fully qualified paths to any data files and other programs/scripts it calls, instead of relying on being called from a particular directory. Maybe that is what was the problem here.