VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Voiceguide V7 Port Configuration

Hi Support Team,

In my VoiceGuide V7 config.xml, I configured the following field: <OutDialQue_PortToUse_LinkField>Disable</OutDialQue_PortToUse_LinkField>. In order to let VoiceGuide use the next available phone line to place an outbound call - This is working fine, and I would like to continue to leave the PortToUse disabled.

However, I plan to purchase 8 VoiceGuide V7 licenses to start. The Dialogic card I plan to use has 12 analog ports (D/120JCT-LS), but, I plan to physically connect ports from 1 to 8, to match the number of VoiceGuide V7 licenses purchased and I would like to prevent VoiceGuide from accessing the unconnected 4 ports (9, 10, 11, 12), in order to prevent outbound call failures.

Questions:

Is there a VoiceGuide V7 configuratoin setting where I can tell VG V7 to use the first 8 ports of the Dialogic card while ignoring the last 4 ports? without changing the config.xml setting <OutDialQue_PortToUse_LinkField>Disable</OutDialQue_PortToUse_LinkField>, since this setting probides me with the desired behavior.

I looked in the config.xml under the tagged section called "<Channels>", by removing <Channel> entries, would that tell VG V7 only to use a specific set of ports?

As an alternative - Is there a setting in the Dialogic driver where I can tell the card to turn off specific ports (i.e.: turn off ports 9, 10, 11, 12)? thus VG will only see the active ports.

Regards,

-r

If you use an 8 line license then only the first 8 <Channel> entries would be read in from Config.xml, and only these channels would be used by VoiceGuide. If there are other channels on the card these would not be used at all as they are not even opened by VoiceGuide.