VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Sending Email

I am setting up a call centre. Currently I have a 1 licence running version 4.9.

For after hours, I want the IVR to do as follows:

1 - When call is answered, read greetings

2 - After listening to greetings, the caller has 2 choices:

a) listen to more information and hangup, or

B) record a message

3 - After recording a message, I want the IVR to send the recorded .wav message to an email address

Outlook 2000 will be running in the background

I have set up a number of scripts:

Greeting & choose

listen to info

Record message

Hang up

Send email

Can you guide me on the paths to enter in each module to make it fail safe?

Do I have to write a separate script to run when the call is finished or is the "send email" module just another module? If a separate script is required, what should it be?

Thanks

Sounds like you should just use a Voicemail box to record the message - and you can configure that voicemail box to send left messages by email...

Can you guide me on the paths to enter in each module to make it fail safe?

Just specify the keys that the caller can press at different modules - that's all that there is to it...

Do I have to write a separate script to run when the call is finished or is the "send email" module just another module? If a separate script is required, what should it be?

When you need to record a message and then email it then you should use a Voicemail box - it will do all this for you.

It is all fine except for sending email.

In "script property", it asks for a vgs file when call has ended.

I have created a vgs script file called "send email" to run without answering the call. It has the email module in it and is also set up to run the first script when call is finished.

I doesn't work. When a call is received, it goes through the motion but doesn't run the email script.

Can you take me step by step through the processes so that I can send an email automatically..

Thanks

Gilles

Once a voicemail message is recorded then the sending of that voicemail message by email is all done automatically by the voicemail system - there is no need for any extra scripting to get the recorded voicemail sent by email - it's all taken care of.

I thought the only thing that you would like to email is the Voicemail message - do you want VoiceGuide to email other things as well?

Once a voicemail message is recorded then the sending of that voicemail message by email is all done automatically by the voicemail system - there is no need for any extra scripting to get the recorded voicemail sent by email - it's all taken care of.

What you are telling me is that I create the following modules:

11 - Record message module (with Path: On {Silence} Goto [Hangup the Call], On {#} Goto [.....])

12 - Hang up module

13 - Send email module (No path to it?)

I thought the only thing that you would like to email is the Voicemail message - do you want VoiceGuide to email other things as well?

No, only the recorded message when after it has been received

Do not use a "Record" module at all - just go to a voicemail box... the voicemail box does the recording and the sending of email...

Please read the Voicemail section of the Help file,

To go to voicemail box 0001 you would use a path like this:

On {1} Goto [Voicemail Box 0001]