VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Voiceguide V7 Does Not Play Message To Answering Machine

Hello once again team!

So far VoiceGuide V7 covers all of my outbound calling scenarios as long as the call is answered by a human.

If the call is picked up by the answering machine the VG line status monitor reports to me that the message is played, however, no message is left at the answering machine.

Logs are attached for your review.

Thanks!

-r

Log.zip

Trace shows that the Dialogic card reports that this answering machine's welcome message was very short - about 1 to 2 seconds. The Dialogic card reported that it heard two seconds of silence, and if this much silence is heard by the Dialogic card then VoiceGuide assumes that the answering machine welcome message has finished and it is now time to run the answering machine script/message.

The C:\Program Files\VoiceGuide\temp\RecAm_1.wav file will store what the Dialogic card heard. Can you .ZIP up and post that file?

Trace:

010609.937 6 1 state Dialing ...

010643.562 6 1 rvns add [OutDial_Result]{Answered_Machine}

010643.562 6 1 state Machine Answer. Wait for end of welcome message...

010643.562 6 1 RecSoundStart [C:\Program Files\VoiceGuide\temp\RecAm_1.wav] ok

010647.062 6 1 rv rec length: AmWelcMsg_RecLen100ms = 35

010647.062 6 1 rv add [AmWelcMsg_RecLen100ms]{35}

010647.062 6 1 state Run Answer Machine script [C:\Program Files\VoiceGuide\Scripts\VocalicoUserJobs\12552AnsMach.vgs]

010647.125 6 1 state [Play 1] Playing wav (H:\Inetpub\wwwroot\Vocalico\Audiofiles\12552_AnsMach.wav)

Attached it the file you requested.

I played the .wav file, it contains the ending (fragment) of my voice mail message. Please let me know if you need additional logs.

Regards,

-r

RecAm_1.zip

The playing of the 12552_AnsMach.wav file would have started about two seconds after the end of the "Thank You" in the recorded RecAm_1.wav file.

Does the Answering Machine start recording soon after it's welcome message finishes playing?

Does the Answering Machine start recording soon after it's welcome message finishes playing?

The answering machine does not start recording immediately after my personal message ends. The telephone I am calling is a T-Moblie number, shortly after my personal message ends, then, a T-Mobile message starts, the T-Mobile message instructs the user to "press the number 5 to send a numeric page, or wait after the tone to leave a message....." , the T-Mobile message adds an additional 12 seconds to my personal message.

As far as I can tell all of the major carriers (at least in the US) have the same voice mail scheme, that is, a user defined message followed by the mobile carrier instructions (message) about paging the recipient or leaving a message to the recipient. Is there a work around for this? perhaps setting a wait state?

regards,

-r

The only way to handle this would be to increase the silence length looked for by VoiceGuide to a larger value.

Do you know how long is the silence between end of the personal message and start of T-Mobile menu?

I guess this gap in many cases is less then 2 seconds as we did not get reports of problems with this in past. Maybe when recording the personal message the recording was allowed to continue for a bit longer before being stopped and this resulted in a longer then usual amount of silence being recorded?

Do you know how long is the silence between end of the personal message and start of T-Mobile menu?

The silence between the end of the personal message and start of T-Mobile menu is about 3 seconds.

Which variable would you recommend I modify in order to increase the silence length looked for by VoiceGuide? presuming is in the .ini file.

With regards to the time lapse between the end of the recording and the time before the recording was stopped, its about 2 seconds.

regards,

-r

Which variable would you recommend I modify in order to increase the silence length looked for by VoiceGuide? presuming is in the .ini file.

In VG.INI, in section [VGDialer] change the AM_SilenceDetectLength setting to a value of 40. 40 represents 4 seconds.

[VGDialer]

AM_SilenceDetectLength=40

I added the value you suggested to the vg.ini (restarted the VG service) and it worked perfectly! Thank you for the fast response!

I'll take that this incident/issue is bound to reoccur since there is dependency on the amount of seconds the user allowed a gap of silence between the end of their message and the time they stopped the recording, that said, 4 seconds should catch the majority of the users I call. At least I know the fix, or rather the proper adjustment in the event it is required. I really appreciate your help!

Best Regards,

-r

Thanks for letting us know it now works ok.

In next release of VoiceGuide you will also be able to specify the answering machine silence length on a per-call basis (rather then setting the silence lenght for all calls in VG.INI).

This will be done in the Call Options field. For example this will set the silence length required to 3.5 seconds:

<TPT><DX_MAXSIL>35</DX_MAXSIL></TPT>

If the DX_MAXSIL setting is present in the Call Options field it will override the VG.INI setting.