VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Example Scripts

I installed VG 7 and it seem all the demo scripts have no audio wav files associated with the modules. The path to the wav file is blank. I want to check out some of the example scripts. I did an uninstall and deleted the VG directory and then did a re-install but the example script are not complete.

For example, looking at the basic Survey Template.vgs, the module "Question 1" has no path defined for the "sound file to play". It just has the TTS "Question 1". It seems the demo is incomplete.

Also, if you have a more complex version of the survey demo, I would like to see it. I am interesting in knowing how to randomize lists or as a subset of questions to IVR respodents. Can you put a module in a loop and ask it for each item mentioned in a previous question. Also, can you do a multi select question and store each response.)

Most of the demo scripts do not have the sound files shipping with them, but opening the scripts in the script editor will let you see how a particular script can be created and what settings in each of the modules are used. These examples can be used as a starting point for your own solutions.

I am interesting in knowing how to randomize lists or as a subset of questions to IVR respodents. Can you put a module in a loop and ask it for each item mentioned in a previous question. Also, can you do a multi select question and store each response.)

If you want to have a survey script which asks a series of questions in a randomized order then one approach would be to have a VBScript module randomly arranging the order of the questions in an array and then going though this random array calling the modules in turn. Please take a look at the attached script and let us know if you have any questions.

Another more advanced approach would be to store the questions in a database and then have the script retrieve the questions from a database and then the VBScript would randomize the order of the array before playing the questions in one general question asking loop.

Can you explain in more detail what you mean by "ask it for each item mentioned in a previous question" ?

Survey_Randomized_Questions.vgs