VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Monitor Incoming Calls

Hello,

I downloaded the eval edition this weekend 5.0.2000. So far it works pretty well with my voice modem. (Gateway GTW v.92 voicemodem) but I'm still working through the examples, & learning the module windows.

I have 3 questions & 2 feature requests.

1. Testing as a simple answering machine, I haven't yet been able to monitor (screen) incoming messages on my computer speakers. Is this possible on a common voicemodem system?

2. I have a custom default greeting that plays correctly when a customer calls in. on {timeout 0} goto [Voicemail Box 0001] plays "VmbWelcomeMsgDefault". Is this internal to the program? I just need a beep1.wav at this point. Can I just overwrite VmbWelcome. . .?

3. Modem & VoiceGuide interpret callerID pretty well, but incoming calls marked "Private Number" do not trigger the internal CallerID box to open. I haven't yet been able to test "Out of Area", although my modem log does record these properly.

I'm kind of worried about leaving my office machine "WinXP Pro" logged on to answer the phone in the evenings, are you any closer to having VoiceGuide run as a "service" before WinXP logon?

Also, reading through the forum looks like the ftp option is not popular. I like it. I would like to have separate ftp addresses for each mailbox just like email. ftpJoe's site for mailbox 0001, ftpFranks site for mailbox 0002, etc. . .

I guess it's not likely without a great demand for ftp services by your customers.

I've tested both "IVM Answering Attendant" & "CallAudit Voice Demo". Your interface is clean, the program is quick, no crashes yet, & I can learn alot in these forums.

My company is not likely to spring for a Dialogic board, but my goal is to have a sophisticated 2 line ivr / answering system.

Most of my company's contact is in MSAccess 2000 so I'm looking forward to integrating via ODBC or direct based on incoming CallerID.

I talked enough for now, as soon as my current voicemodem tests are complete, I will post statistics in your working modems topic. Then I will test a second voicemodem, (ModemBlaster DI5631 - which I don't have much hope of working well).

Thanks,

Chris

Washington, DC USA

I haven't yet been able to monitor (screen) incoming messages on my computer speakers. Is this possible on a common voicemodem system?

No. The message which is being recorded cannot be played at the same time through the PC speaker.

I just need a beep1.wav at this point. Can I just overwrite VmbWelcome. . .?

You can of overwrite VmbWelcomeMsgDefault.wav (or any other of the \system\voice\ files), but it would probably be better to just use a very short silence sound file (less then 1 sec) as that voicemail boxes welcoming message.

Modem & VoiceGuide interpret callerID pretty well, but incoming calls marked "Private Number" do not trigger the internal CallerID box to open. I haven't yet been able to test "Out of Area", although my modem log does record these properly.

Could you please send us a copy of VoiceGuide's Debug Printout which captures an incoming "Private Number" call , this will allow us to see what is happening.

(When running the script click on VoiceGuide's View menu and select 'Event Trace Log' option - any log information will then appear in this window. You must open the trace window before making the call.)

are you any closer to having VoiceGuide run as a "service" before WinXP logon?

Right now to run VG as a service please see:

http://voiceguide.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=495

http://voiceguide.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=113