VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Digit Playback - Wrong Numbers?

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but the TTS playback of response to touch tones seems to be incorred for "2" and "3". The two sounds like "ten" while three sounds like "fie"?

Whch TTS engine are you using? Are you using a Dialogic card or a voice modem? Poor TTS and voice modems will distort the TTS playback.

Well, I'm not sure if it's TTS. I'm referring to the "Get Numbers" and the check box to "Play back entered number and ask caller to confirm". Is this function using some built-in wav file or is this TTS? Can I change what voice or sound files are being used here? Is there a sound file I can see and play back in Windows to verify what it is using?

The Get Numbers module confirmation playback uses sound files from VoiceGuide's \system\voice\ subdirectory.

You can also look at the VoiceGuide traces to see what digits the telephony device detected and what files were used in the playback.

NB. some voice modems detect the DTMF tones incorrectly. If you are using a voice modem that's where the problem may lie.