VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Dialogic Dcm Fails Every Night.

Ok this is going to sound weird: We have an issue on about 25 of our auto dialers I install and 8 drop SCbus cable on 8 Dialogic D240/SC cards on GT technics 4u rack mount machines running win2k sp4, DCM 5.1.1, we have to reboot every night to clear the ram don ask why i just maintain the hardware. On random machines that have the 8 cards installed the DCM fails to start. now mind you I have about 25 with this configuration and the others don't fail and its not the same ones every night. i get no errors other then the service failed to start or am i looking in the wrong place. We hve set the dialogic service to restart after 2 tries.

I have about 225 more dialers configured the same with 6 cards all rev 2 or rev 3 D240 sc cards, all ISA no PCI that have no problem. I am at a loss, Does any one know how to resolve this?

DCM 5.1.1

Do you have the 5.1.1 SP1 installed? Have you tried using the latest 5.1.1 FP1 release?

i get no errors other then the service failed to start or am i looking in the wrong place.

Are there any errors in the Windows' Event Logs?

We hve set the dialogic service to restart after 2 tries.

So does this approach resolve the problem?

its intel dialogic system software:

release SR5.1.1, version DNA5, build 30, Service pack none. Were can i get this 5.1.1 FP1 release?

nothing that would have to do with the dialogic service that is any different from the other 20 that start fine.

yes restarting the DCM seems to resolve the issue.

nothing that would have to do with the dialogic service that is any different from the other 20 that start fine.

So 20 of the boxes start fine and only 5 of the boxes randomly don’t start, correct?

restarting the DCM seems to resolve the issue.

OK, so if restarting it using the automated service triggered restart works then looks like for practical reasons you don’t actually have a problem as all that happens is that sometimes the restart takes longer, but eventually it all works, yes?

You would need to contact your Dialogic supplier to obtain the SP1 and FP1 releases.

We can only supply drivers for our customers who purchased the VoiceGuide software, and it sounds like this system is not actually using VoiceGuide (?).

correct but its not the same 5 boxes it can be any combination of the 20 i have configured with the 8 Dialogic cards. i.e. W21, W22 then the next day W18, W20, and so on never the same.

The auto service does not start i have to manually start the service but it does start after the first try.

The auto service does not start i have to manually start the service but it does start after the first try.

Before you said that "We have set the dialogic service to restart after 2 tries." Did you mean Restart Service, or Restart Windows? What are all the various Recovery options in the Service' properties set to?

I'd try using "Restart the Computer" as the action taken on first failure. Sounds like this should fix the problem as you say that a system has about an 80% chance of starting successfully after reboot.