VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Recommend Way To Load Calls And Query Data

Best way to handle these calls database wise...

Every hour, I need to pull a set of calling records. Would it best to create a large 'OutDial_New.xml' or import directy to the callque.mdb?

Each call may have special way to handle. Do I perform a db query each time a field needs to be checked or can I pull all associated fields into $RV files per call?

Example:

Call-1 is Appt reminder.

Needs to have Date/Time/Doctor name/able to reschedule/alternate doctor from SQL fields.

Data example 1:

call 11/24/2008 10:00 am

phone xxx-xxx-xxxx

appt for: TOM

appt date: December 1st, 2008

appt time: 11:15 am

doct name: Doctor Johnson

ok to resched: YES

alt doct name: Doctor Smith

Data example 2:

call 11/24/2008 10:00 am

phone xxx-xxx-xxxx

appt for: BILL

appt date: December 2nd, 2008

appt time: 9:15 am

doct name: Doctor Smith

ok to resched: NO

alt doct name: -

Call 1 would go like this:

Hello, this call is to reminder TOM that he/she has an appointment on Dec. 1st, 2008, at 11:15 am with Doctor Johnson.

** need to eval ok to resched... and play approperate message:

If you need to reschedule this appointment, it would be with Doctor Smith. Press 1 to reschedule or press 3 to keep the orgininal appointment. Good bye.

Call 2 would go like this:

Hello, this call is to reminder BILL that he/she has an appointment on Dec. 2nd, 2008, at 9:15 am with Doctor Smith.

** need to eval NOT ok to resched... and play approperate message:

Good bye.

So in summary, do I/should I pull all the needed fields at the start of the call? And eval accordingly or DB query multiple times per call? Any examples.

THANKS!

Would it best to create a large 'OutDial_New.xml' or import directy to the callque.mdb?

That depends on the number of calls loaded. If a large number of calls are loaded then loading them using the 'OutDial_New.xml' file will take longer then if loading them into the database directly. If you can load them into the database directly then this is usually a better/faster approach.

Do I perform a db query each time a field needs to be checked or can I pull all associated fields into $RV files per call?

If the call specific data is known when the call is loaded then it is better to just save this data as $RVs. This will make this information available immediately to the script and will not force the script to be designed to retrieve the data after the call has begun.

A database query uses up time and CPU so its best to minimize the work the system carries out during the call by doing all these lookups beforehand if possible and saving them as $RVs.