VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Voiceguide Hangup Line Issue

VoiceGuide Version: 6.0.3385

Memory: 768 MB

CPU: 2.40 GHz Pentium 4

Telephony Card: Dialogic D/4PCI

We have an intermittent issue that when people call, they receive a busy signal even though the line is not in use (VoiceGuide reports "Waiting for a call...". I can unplug the telephone line from the Dialogic board and plug it into a telephone and do get a dial tone. I then plug the line back into the Dialogic board, call the number, and still get a busy signal. The only way to correct the issue is to exit the VoiceGuide software and start it back up.

Does anyone know what might be causing this issue?

Could you please post a copy of VoiceGuide's Trace Logs which captures the problem, this will allow us to see what happened.

Enable logging by setting the log levels to 10 in VG.INI as per below:

[Log]

VoiceGuide=10

CallLoader=0

VoicemailManager=0

EmailSender=0

ktTel=10

ktTts=0

Then restart VG and wait until the problems occurs.

Trace files will be created in VG's \log\ subdirectory.

Please post the traces and indicatre at what time and on what port the problem occurs.

When posting traces/scripts please .ZIP them up and post them as attachments.

We would also recommend updating to the current version of VoiceGuide - v7.

The problem occurred over the weekend and I have attached the log files. The issue happened with line 1 and line 3. The last call I saw for line 1 was on 11/30 at 12:47. The last call I saw from line 3 was also on 11/30 but at 12:51.

1130Log.zip

Is there anything else running on this machine that would cause the CPU to rise to 100% usage or otherwise load the system or affect Windows operation? Traces show that the events processing slows down a lot all of a sudden and we have Dialogic events signaling ring/tones/etc not being received in prompt time by VoiceGuide - with a lot of events (20+) received all at once at a later time, delayed by many seconds. For example we are seeing ring events etc being delayed, so VoiceGuide does not even know the line is ringing, and then 20 rings arrive for VoiceGuide at the same time.

These event delays can be seen before the problems arise with not answering calls etc. and this will also be affecting how VoiceGuide handles hanging up lines etc.

VoiceGuide v7 is designed to function a lot better at 100% CPU usage scenarios, so you may want to look at trying that instead, but v7 will not work on Win2000, you'd need Win2003 or WinXP. For now we'd suggest monitoring the system's CPU usage as something is slowing this system down markedly.

There is a backup client running on the server but it was not running at the time the last issue occurred.

We are thinking about upgrading to v7 and running in under Windows XP Home. If we do, will we be able to use our v6 scripts? Also, we recently upgraded from v4.9 to v6 and had to re-encode all our sound files. Will we need to do that again for v7?

We just replaced Windows 2000 with Windows XP. However, per your WebSite, it seems as if v7 of VoiceGuide does not support the Dialogic D/4PCI which is installed in our computer.

Does v7 support the Dialogic D/4PCI? If so, do I install SR 6.0 SU184 drivers? What about the Dialogic System Software Release 5.1.1 FP1? This is what we had installed on our Windows 2000 machine.

Recommend you try using SR6.0 drivers and see if the card is detected. If it is not then you could try using the SR5.1.1 FP1 and see if that combination works.